Sun Direct DTH: New Software Upgrade

• Thread starter Thread starter fordac
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 18,786
Hi Fordac,

Today around 6.45 PM my STB was updated to the new software. After update the following things were working fine

1. Channel List
2. OSD Display
3. TV Output

When i checked at around 11.00 PM, i am unable to select the OTA option and TV output is not working. Do you face the same problem.

Regards,

Hey buddy for me also the OTA is not working.....But the TV output is working.

Sun TV moved from channel no 100 to 125 (i guess)

Sun TV moved from channel no 100 to 125 (i guess)
No,Sun TV is in same channel no.100, it is not moved...

Please dont call it as a Software upgrade. They always only blocking some features and introduce more bugs. So far in my life i havn't seen any product sold to the customer with so many bugs. I prefer to call it a software downgrade. Looks like SUN is running shrot of money to setup a good testing team. I am not happy with the picture & audio of sundirect. At present it cannot beat the Hathway Digital cable service in Bangalore. DD channles waht we get in sundirect has better picture and audio than Sun channels. The changes I can see in this Software 'downgrade' is Disabling the OTA and renaming TV-ALL to TV and RADIO-ALL to RADIO.Not sure if they fixed the STB hanging issue which I was facing from Last software release. Favorites are still not working. Not allowing to rename them and only Favorite 1 is working. Fav2, Fav3 etc are alowed to select only some times and that too with a '?' mark like 'Fav?' - Channel names are not visible most of the times. not allowing to soft the channels, not allowing to delete the unwanted channels from the sun provided favorites there are many more bugs.. I know it will be a waste of time to type all

Please dont call it as a Software upgrade. They always only blocking some features and introduce more bugs. So far in my life i havn't seen any product sold to the customer with so many bugs. I prefer to call it a software downgrade. Looks like SUN is running shrot of money to setup a good testing team.

I am not happy with the picture & audio of sundirect. At present it cannot beat the Hathway Digital cable service in Bangalore. DD channles waht we get in sundirect has better picture and audio than Sun channels.

The changes I can see in this Software 'downgrade' is Disabling the OTA and renaming TV-ALL to TV and RADIO-ALL to RADIO.Not sure if they fixed the STB hanging issue which I was facing from Last software release.

Favorites are still not working. Not allowing to rename them and only Favorite 1 is working. Fav2, Fav3 etc are alowed to select only some times and that too with a '?' mark like 'Fav?' - Channel names are not visible most of the times.

not allowing to soft the channels, not allowing to delete the unwanted channels from the sun provided favorites

there are many more bugs.. I know it will be a waste of time to type all
Recently there was no software upgarde except the one that was done for adding Tetris game.
Meanwhile I cannot agree with you that the picture and audio quality are bad.Quality of video for almost all the sun network channels in all south Indian languages are razor sharp with DVD quality.....and the malayalam channels from Asianet is very good...the FTV ABC and DW etc are also have excellent stereo quality in sound in addition to picture quality...in fact saturday world music awards in FTV was in excellent picture and stereo quallity...only Vijay TV is very bad in quality....

After the ota, I'm now not able to receive dish tv nss6 tps from 12534 and above including isai aruvi :wall:.

Hey buddy for me also the OTA is not working.....But the TV output is working.
Thanks fordac, when i checked today the TV output is working...:thumbsup:

After the ota, I'm now not able to receive dish tv nss6 tps from 12534 and above including isai aruvi :wall:.

it was not working even before this upgrade.I think they blocked in the version 9, now it is 10.

Back