Super Saver Package costs Rs.305.66/- instead of Rs.300/- p.m ??

• Thread starter Thread starter mnreddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,304
i hate to be rude.. but if u cannot pay even 5 rupees extra, then u might as well surrender Tata Sky and go with cable operator whom u cannot question for suddenly charging u extra.. we get cheated everyday somewhere by someone, for instance how much ever the petrol prices rise, we still buy it right?? if u want something bad, u need to pay watever they demand for it, THAT IS THE RULE IN INDIA!!!! if u wanna protest or have variety, then fly abroad where ppl play an important role in the govt!!!!! here govt rules the ppl sadly..... :wall:

I am ready to pay extra 1 Rupee if calculated for a year, but paying 5 rupees extra every odd month is not OK...:whistle:

Still if we pay Lumpsum for year is there any discount :thumbsup:

its not abt paying 5rs extra. i dont think he will NOT pay 5Rs. if imposed upon he might even get ready to pay 5Rs extra every month. but this is abt whats wrong and right. just an attempt to improve something (even if there is no hope). i pay my cable op 360Rs (w/o star cricket) whereas my friend in goregaon pays 300Rs (with star cricket). cable op is giving star cricket on condition that i buy STB.(2250Rs. & 300Rs/month). so thats wrong again. but i have to take it or wait, as i dont find Tata Sky or dish tv still worth. i am waiting for CAS or better IPTV.so i am paying 60Rs extra every month but i am still protesting it.

its not abt paying 5rs extra. i dont think he will NOT pay 5Rs. if imposed upon he might even get ready to pay 5Rs extra every month. but this is abt whats wrong and right. just an attempt to improve something (even if there is no hope). i pay my cable op 360Rs (w/o star cricket) whereas my friend in goregaon pays 300Rs (with star cricket). cable op is giving star cricket on condition that i buy STB.(2250Rs. & 300Rs/month). so thats wrong again. but i have to take it or wait, as i dont find Tata Sky or dish tv still worth. i am waiting for CAS or better IPTV.

so i am paying 60Rs extra every month but i am still protesting it.

I agree with Amish's comments. its not about whether you are ready to pay Rs.5/- extra per month. its about whether what Tata Sky is doing is correct or wrong.

thanks
mnreddy

I agree with Amish's comments. its not about whether you are ready to pay Rs.5/- extra per month. its about whether what Tata Sky is doing is correct or wrong.

thanks
mnreddy

It is rs. 9.86 per day multiplied by the number of days in the calender month. No extra payment for short months.

next year is 2008, leap year, 29 days, clearly 10Rs extra for them. and they already have 1 million subscribers and increasing. clearly 1 crore rupees extra. its a trick. individual user doesnt get affected much but now u see how much wud they make extra? is 1cr a small amt?with 12*300 its 3600 a year but with 365*9.86, normal user wont notice a catch there. but its a huge scam.when u say 300Rs/mon it has to be a month, u cant twist it to 9.86 a day in that case. this is done on purpose. in hindi its called "janta ke paise kha jana"

amish, your semantics is amazing. Tata Sky must stop calling it rs. 300 per month plan and call it under rs. ten per day plan. Unfortunately they cannot call it 98 paise per channel per day plan because the channel count keeps drifting. The consumer has the right to know as in west - the pack should contain the unit price - price per gram or milliliter (or 100gm or kg as the case may be) as the size and quantity of pack contents may confuse the buyer.

i pay my cable op 360Rs (w/o star cricket) whereas my friend in goregaon pays 300Rs (with star cricket). cable op is giving star cricket on condition that i buy STB.(2250Rs. & 300Rs/month). so thats wrong again. but i have to take it or wait, as i dont find Tata Sky or dish tv still worth. i am waiting for CAS or better IPTV.

so i am paying 60Rs extra every month but i am still protesting it.

IPTV, if and when it comes, will be the gold standard against which every service has to measure up. But I don't think we are going to see a good IPTV service before 2010. Lots of reasons for the same. A good IPTV service has to feature the following:
[*] A good selection of english, hindi and regional movies under VOD.
[*] Ability to watch serials whenever one wants. No one-week, one-month time-limits.
[/list]Other services like shopping, gaming, etc may be provided. But they are secondary.

Problems:
1. Bandwidth -
Currently we are squabbling with our ISPs over 30GB data transfer and 1 Mbps speeds. Imagine an entire neighbourhood wanting to watch Sholay, DDLJ and five other films on saturday evening with DVD-quality picture and cd-quality sound. A standard dual-layer DVD holds about 8.5 GB of data. Assume a compression ratio of 8:1. So 1 GB data will be pulled by every household in that period. Some might want to watch 2-3 channels simultaneously. News, cricket and a movie running side-by side. The data transferred keeps on climbing. And it has to transferred in a manner that prevents jerks in the video and audio.

2. Content selection and licensing -
If VOD on IPTV will follow the Tata-Sky and Dish Tv route, it will be a joke. The DTH operators have a nonsensical approach to movie selection and the selection is highly limited. Who would watch Ek Chaalis Ki Last Local by paying INR 75 when the DVD is available for INR 49. And if they do get lots of content from Hollywood, Bollywood and all the other woods, what licensing and costing methodology will they apply? I am not going to pay INR 50 for every movie that I want to watch.

3. Existing channels -
IPTV works on the principle of content-pull (my word) rather than content-push, just like the web. When I connect to the internet, there is no restriction on what site I want to visit. The ISP does not offer me a selection of 100 sites and make me choose one of them. I use a search engine to find what I want and go there.

So, what will happen to current programming? I don't think news channels will have a problem as most of them are live most of the time. Movie channels and general entertainment channels will have to change their business model to adapt to IPTV.

If those who plan to start IPTV services think that it is just another way of watching TV and start streaming the same channels that the cable operator and DTH providers show, without providing the consumer complete control of his viewing, there won't be any sense moving to such a service.

That is why I say that it is going to take time to bring in such a service. Models, mindsets and something more has to change before you can experience IPTV as it is meant to be.

How content providers will get their revenue? This issue is also important for the success of IPTV. Someone must coordinate the distribution rights and revenue collection and sharing; a new model must emerge.

Back