Switching to Excitel Fiber after using Airtel Xstream Fiber for 9 months

• Thread starter Thread starter iYuvrajMehta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 5,001
4 days for excitel is stupid. the entire local network is managed by local guys. if there is a wire cut, it can be fixed in a few hours during day time. backend problems are another issue and even they are not going to last for more than a few hours. since i do not use airtel as primary, i do not really notice if it ever goes down. but i think their system is pretty good at identifying problems on its own and you usually do not even need to file any complaint. with excitel, you might get lucky if there is another guy on your cable route who is actively using the internet through the day so any complaints while you are not online probably gets reported by him and get resolved faster.

@Sushubh I have peeps in my neighborhood using Excitel but they are not power users, those guys are like " 5 phones pe net bina ruke chalra hai toh badia hai" (If the internet is working seamlessly on 5 devices, the ISP is good).
They won't complaint until its been a week as they say these things take time xD.

I can't even ask for their reviews as those will be all nonsense for me.

@Ajay15 I dropped the plan of changing the ISP for the reason you stated. Atleast I have peace of mind. I'm facing ONT related issue here, ordered my own router for that reason. Will ask Airtel guys to enable bridge mdoe on my ONT.
BTW which ONT were you provided?
Mostly they install Nokia G-2425G-A

I was provided with ZyXEL, but it was rebooting on its own atleast twice a day. I thought its hardware issue, so got it replaced it with Genexis, again same rebooting issue.

Fortunately, they did not take ZyXEL back, said will collect in a day or two. So, I suspected the rebooting is due to TR-069 protocol, I did some research and workarounds and got TR-069 protocol disabled. Now, ONT's UPtime is good 20 days and no issues faced so far.

Yes they provided me with Nokia back in 2021, but since it was locked and I could not enable bridge mode, I got it replaced with Sercomm.

After going through forum posts, I have hooked up with Mikrotik for PPPoE and AX53 AX3000 Router as an AP.
Will ditch ZyXEL/Genexis ONT tomorrow as I will be getting SFP.
Best for you would be to get any of your existing ONT into bridge mode and get secondary router for PPPoE/Routing, That would be better in terms of reliability, features and speeds.

@iYuvrajMehta I am not sure if you missheard. but the advised resolution time should be 4 hours. I remember Excitel had some policy where if the connection used to be down for 5-6 hours or something, they were auto-crediting a day as compensation. But you must raise a ticket for the internet connectivity as soon as you realize it on their website or app.

Yup. Always best to file a ticket even if nothing comes out of it! Your lco might hate you for it though lol.

nah its 4 hours here as well .
few days ago there was a rally and their main fiber was cut they repaired it in approx 3 hours. It all depends on your area LCO

Back