Tata DOCOMO GPRS Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi makubex,

From your DOCOMO mobile, type INTERNET and send it to 52270 (Toll-Free). You will get the settings within few minutes. Just save those settings and your done. Now, you can use the GPRS on your DOCOMO.

To use Opera Mini, first downlaod it from the Opera website using your phone. It will save in Applications > Games folder. Or, download it in your computer and then transfer it to your phone using USB cable using PC Suite.

Is this all sorted out or does anyone need manual settings help?

Hi,
I really agree, that docomo is really do the new by hitting public forums to solve queries.
Now to state GPRS problems, I am facing exagaratedly slow speed over my Docomo account. I have got Samsug Star and I have got the GPRS settings manually done by getting the settings from one of my docomo friend.
The settings are: TATA.DOCMO.INTERNET.

So help IS NEEDED.

Try this option.. I have tried in my iPhone 3G & it woked. Even TATA Docomo guys dont have solution for this (Iphone 3G) I tried every possible ways they told me.. but all in vain. So follow these steps 1) Activate your GPRS plan.2) Insert your docomo SIM card in any other mobile (ex: Nokia. I tried in Nikia E63)3) Ince SIM is inserted, you will receive SMS with GPRS settings4) open browser & try to search someting google & see if it searches what you have enetred ( This is just to check if its working in other phones)5) once it is cetain that, it works in other phone.. remove that SIM card & insert in your Iphone 3G6) Go to Setting - General- Netwok-Cellular Data Network - APN type TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET7) Try to open Safari or any other browser you have on your iphone8) Google to search any strings This should work

Hey guys pls tell me how to add gprs settings to my karbonn k444 mobile....i send the sms to them..and it is telling you've successfully activated your account to get the gprs settings sms-INTERNET -52270 and i also send it....but no reply....i lose nearly 10 rupees....pls help me guys pls......

Hi, Firstly thanks to all the users for helping me out to make my GPRS work on my laptop.Here's a brief of what I did, I have Nokia 5230:First sent an SMS to 52270 saying INTERNETThen I got a reply asking me to save the Msg to set it as Default configuration.I then connected my Mobile through USB cable to my PCLaunched PC suit and then I was able to connect to world of Internet...I also did some modification they were :In PC:Navigated to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\ and opened operators.xml in Notepad and replaced TATA.DOCOMO.DRIVE.IN TO TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNETIn Mobile:Settings > Connectivity > Destinations > WAP services > changed Access point name to TATA.DOCOMO.DRIVE.IN TO TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET then clicked on "Options" in same WAP services > Changed proxy port number to 8080that's it.......... I could use Internet on my Laptop...:)If there are Typos please excuse me....I think it may not be necessary to make all the modification suggested above in phone and PC but now I am least bothered about the root cause as I got what I wanted, hence leave upto the next boarder to go to root cause..

Dear crazy_creature,Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number and your alternate contact number and email id so that we can get in touch with you.

Hi,
Firstly thanks to all the users for helping me out to make my GPRS work on my laptop.
Here's a brief of what I did, I have Nokia 5230:
First sent an SMS to 52270 saying INTERNET
Then I got a reply asking me to save the Msg to set it as Default configuration.
I then connected my Mobile through USB cable to my PC
Launched PC suit and then I was able to connect to world of Internet...

I also did some modification they were :
In PC:
Navigated to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\ and opened operators.xml in Notepad and replaced TATA.DOCOMO.DRIVE.IN TO TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET

In Mobile:
Settings > Connectivity > Destinations > WAP services > changed Access point name to TATA.DOCOMO.DRIVE.IN TO TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET then clicked on "Options" in same WAP services > Changed proxy port number to 8080

that's it.......... I could use Internet on my Laptop...:)

If there are Typos please excuse me....
I think it may not be necessary to make all the modification suggested above in phone and PC but now I am least bothered about the root cause as I got what I wanted, hence leave upto the next boarder to go to root cause..

Few more settings on PC are (Below setting I found somewhere on net and posting for you):

Go "control panel">" Internet options">"new connection">select ur modem
username: leave it blank
password:blank
if there is any column named isp name then, fill it with:"tata.docomo.internet" and then… let it connect… sometimes it will show you a message saying that ppp link control was terminated.. but dont worry… click on SET UP THE CONNECTION ANYWAY.
Then go to "phone and modem" in control panel
click on modem tab. then highlight ur modem click properties>diagnostics>query modem….it will take some time as it will communicate with ur modem. Then,click on advanced tab and write these extra initialization command:CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET”
but then also it wont work, go to control panel>internet options>connection>settings. then check in the box of (use a proxy server for this connection)and also check in the box down it saying bypass proxy server for local addresses,and leave that address column blank and put the port :8080 but make sure that the connection you made recently should be ur default connection. then click ok and restart ur computer connect to the world of internet using ur mobile.

Dear crazy_creature,

Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number and your alternate contact number and email id so that we can get in touch with you.

Cell # 8793714047

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back