Tata Sky DTH: For All Football Lovers!

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman050
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 29,539

hitman050

ISP
Airtel 699
Hi guysLike many of you, I love football and the lack of coverage apart from EPL has really pissed my off. Now, Ive heard things about GoalTV providing coverage to Zee Sports and Ten Sports, and I am really excited about this. I just had a look at the Zee Sports site, and they have HUGE amount of coverage of football, this could satisfy my football hunger for good. I mean we get great EPL coverage, and decent Spanish League coverage from ESPN/Star, Neo Sports Plus had fantastic Bundesliga coverage last season, Zee Sports had decent Italian League coverage, and now is giving fantastic French League coverage, and a bit of Spanish League as well. And Ten Sports is giving some French League, as well as Dutch and Scottish league coverage. WOW WOW!!! :thumbsup: Football heaven!BUT, the problem is Tata Sky doesn't even have Neo Sports Plus or Zee Sports :madness: I had a look at Ten Sports, and they're giving only one match per week, which Zee are giving 2 french matches per week. Now this has really pissed me off! I mean can't the Tata ppl see how popular football is becoming. I was so angry when they removed Neo Sports Plus, and now we don't even have Zee Sports. I think we need to do something about this, they have to listen! Any suggestions as what to do guys?Thanks

Now that they have Star Cricket I think ESPN Star must be thinking they've covered all the sports they need for India. This is pretty much going to be the state of Football in India. Hopefully we will see more incidences of popular actresses kissing Football stars because that's the only time Football becomes mass market material compared to the niche sport it is considered now.Only suggestion I can think of is moving to England and subscribing to Sky Sports (all of them including Prem+ and HD).

kreacher , you have no idea how fantastic coverage of football we get here. Sure we don't get to see most of the international and club friendlies but the coverage of epl in asia has to be one of the best over the world. Off late things have started to change and it's looking great for the time ahead. I also need to remind you that sky sports no longer have monopoly on EPL and it is now distributed bewteen Sky , BBC , ITV and Setanta sports. That is also the case for other leagues imo. So if you want to watch all the football then it costs you quite a premium to subscribe to all the sports channels. I have many internet english friends who watch football via internet streams as it's free but downside is at times it's in chinese. We people get to watch all the epl games here whereas the english don't get that. :D

Well I am very lucky because I have both connection so I can watch both Zee and Ten sports.Last season Ten sports have bad foorball comentry but this season both channels rocks me yesterday while saw two matches.Zee Sports shows match with Goal Tv logo while Ten sports doesn't. But I think they are excellent for me even in compare with EPL I will surly give eqal numbers to Both leagus. This is frist time I seen SPL in 3 years.:)I think Zee and Ten sports have a good season because they have Seria A, SPL, French League, English Division One, Uefa Cup, Uefa champions league, Euro 2008 qualifying matches, Ineternational matches.Commentry was excellent for me.

Can't wait for ESS and Star Sports coverage of the EPL to start tonight! Man... there should be a dedicated football only channel.

Well another good things as Dish Tv user is that they have TV5 Asia which also brodcast football matches of France and French league.

Exclusive Football channel is not realistic at least in the time being. Star cricket was possible because cricket is massive in india and it also brings in advertisers who are prepared to pay big. Football is becoming popular too but it is still confined to only urban and semi urban areas. Add to it the fact that advertisers won't be paying a lot due to limited reach. An exclusive football channel only makes sense if it is the biggest sport in that country and has guaranteed commercial viability.

Exclusive Football channel is not realistic at least in the time being. Star cricket was possible because cricket is massive in india and it also brings in advertisers who are prepared to pay big. Football is becoming popular too but it is still confined to only urban and semi urban areas. Add to it the fact that advertisers won't be paying a lot due to limited reach.

An exclusive football channel only makes sense if it is the biggest sport in that country and has guaranteed commercial viability.

Not true at all really. In the states they have Fox Soccer Channel, GOL TV and Setanta Sports. That is as far from a football (urr.. soccer...urmmm.. more like sacker) loving country as you can possibly get.
Nobody's suggesting an Indian channel turns into a 24 hour football channel (hell, even as football lovers we wouldn't want that)... but, we live in a global world where delinking rights is all you need to beam a foreign channel in. With our population, that is certainly viable. It just needs these mugs at Tata Sky to open their eyes and learn how to encourage consumers to spend more on their entertainment.

Hi friends, Just like you all i am also a great foot ball lover and this time i am very much lucky because i am having Dish tv and both the channels are available here in addition to that i agree with india that we have TV5 Asia which also shows great football matches...

Back