Tata Sky+ DTH Service: Dish TV, TataSky plan to roll out DVR technology by Diwali

• Thread starter Thread starter msol49
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 11,690
8k is still too much for the same, hold on for 6 months, once other providers start launching the same cheaper there will be a price war, already news is floating that reliance pvr stb will cost around 7k:thumb:

@ Dushie, Dear Tata Sky PVR cost is not 8k its 9k + 1k for installation + Rs.50 per month extra as usage charges So its 10k + Rs.50 per month for life time. Also Tata sky PVR is having less memory only you can record upto 45 hrs. where as i have read in article that dishtv is also coming up with their DVR very soon and dishtv DVR is having more storage capacity and you can record upto 140 hrs. so its 3 times and also their DVR cost is almost same or even less then Tata sky. So wait for dishtv DVR launch.

TS DVR is tried and tested by SKY+. Its a premium service offered by TS. Its quality not quantity which matters.

@ Dushie,
Dear Tata Sky PVR cost is not 8k its 9k + 1k for installation + Rs.50 per month extra as usage charges So its 10k + Rs.50 per month for life time.

Also Tata sky PVR is having less memory only you can record upto 45 hrs. where as i have read in article that dishtv is also coming up with their DVR very soon and dishtv DVR is having more storage capacity and you can record upto 140 hrs. so its 3 times and also their DVR cost is almost same or even less then Tata sky. So wait for dishtv DVR launch.

Saurabh the 8k price i have mentioned is with respect to the previous post by s parkhi, where he talks about that for existing subscriber they may wave of 1k for installation charge and 1k they will give if u return old stb in exchange for the new pvr, so when u reduce 10k - 2k, it comes out to 8k for old subscribers which is still expensive

i think in terms of overall experience, especially the software...SKY is the world leader in DTH Technology, and im sure that would help Tata Sky viewers like me here.i think we all are missing one very imp. point, that TATASKY has pioneered this service in our country & deserve kudos for it. although other players are entering soon, they are the first ones to foray into it.& btw, there would be two tuners in the stb, not one. that would mean that you can record two tv sep[arate channels at once while watching the 3rd, to me thats quite handy.i hope they launch the service soon:)

REgarding Quality TS is the best..............regarding Big TV and Airtel Quality only time will tell.......

Back