tata sky plus dth: Showcase VoD Free

• Thread starter Thread starter vasanth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 9,322

vasanth

Regular
ISP
Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus 1049 3GB(day)+10 GB (night)
hi
Today , i got a message in my STB that Showcase VoD Free added .And the menu in my STB also changed,i think there was some update done recently.The customer care executives didn't gave me a satisfactory reply for whats that all about.

Check out this screenshot

When i click the menu,i get this message

The display banner have increased its size which for me makes it uncomfortable.I felt better speed in channel surfing.check out this screen shot.

if any one got some thing like that,update with any info..

thanks

I did notice the banner change but have not been able to do a comlete lookup on the changes....the software has been upgraded with a march 2010 version while few things are still sep 09 version.

This is a very good move by Tata Sky,though this is available only for tata sky plus customers as of now.this same facility is available is sky dth in uk,where customers can view any program free of cost,sky dth also showcases some movies free of cost.even tata sky in coming days should be able provide some free movies to watch.

When green button is pressed while watching VoD clips, only 'Bengali" language is enabled, though "Hindi" audio is being played. Surprising....

This is a very good move by Tata Sky,though this is available only for tata sky plus customers as of now.this same facility is available is sky dth in uk,where customers can view any program free of cost,sky dth also showcases some movies free of cost.even tata sky in coming days should be able provide some free movies to watch.

Yes, this feature is same as Sky's service 'Sky Anytime' where different programmes are downloaded in Sky+ STB. But the programmes can only be viewed if we have subscribed to channel to which programme belongs. E.g. If we have subscribed to Discovery, only then we can watch programmes from Discovery on 'Anytime'.

Is TATASKY following same, or all programmes available can be viewed for free irrespective of subscription to that programme's channel?

Nothing comes free. They surly gone charge for VoD services. It may be free for 2-3 month and after that you have to pay for it like they did for other services like active english, Fun learning pack etc.:whistle:

Nothing comes free. They surly gone charge for VoD services. It may be free for 2-3 month and after that you have to pay for it like they did for other services like active english, Fun learning pack etc.:whistle:

All I want to say is, read what Mr Vikram Kaushik, Tata Sky CEO said in an interview: “We are not looking at the TVoD service from revenue point of view at this level, at least for one year,”

It is very unlikely that Tata Sky CEO will make such a statement if they wanted to charge the customers. VOD will be a free service. Please do your research before making any sweeping statements. I see it purely as a value addition exercise by Tata sky.I think we should just enjoy this offering instead of worrying about non-existent issues. As they say, we can cross the bridge when we come to it. No point speculating about there future. Just enjoy with Tata Sky plus! :happy:

All I want to say is, read what Mr Vikram Kaushik, Tata Sky CEO said in an interview: “We are not looking at the TVoD service from revenue point of view at this level, at least for one year,”
:imwink:If it is free even for one year, :thumbsup: tata sky+ :thumbsup:.
I loves & admires tatasky+ for such a nice recording & playback facility.

Back