The Offtopic Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter coming soon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,209
  • Views Views 5,474

After the surgery was successful, Siddharth wrote to Apple CEO Tim Cook about the same in an email, to which Cook responded “Siddharth, thank you for sharing this. I am happy to note that your father received medical attention in time and I hope he’s feeling better now. Our team will connect with you.”

Should be made essential commodity with regulated pricing.

Seriously....??
I have had good experience with them when I was in Delhi.
Is it a regular phenomenon or just a one off case.

They wouldn't even try to attempt the delivery and mark it attempted or the customer requested for a reschedule. They've been doing it since forever.

Few days back I was at D-Mart. I was paying when I saw at another counter some person was arguing. That person had 25-30 Washing soap pack (of 4 soaps in each pack) and 15-20 Toothpaste packs. Cashier on counter was saying that bulk purchase is not allowed, while person was arguing what is problem, I am paying for it and not taking away for free.
At D-Mart this thing are costing below MRP. Each Soap and Toothpaste pack would be Rs 1-2 cheaper than MRP.
So I was just curious how much items can any person buy from such stores for personal use, and how do they categorize it as bulk.

ugh. only small retail stores sell products at mrp. at any large store or online store, it would be rare for a product to be sold at mrp. mrp is a stupid concept. it has no real world value. Grofers and Amazon and mi type companies put stupid mrps on their products and then claim huge discounts on actual sale price.

as for d-mart, i would imagine that they should have no probem with bulk purchase. 30 soaps? 20 toothpastes? this is not even bulk from any standard. probably a stupid store manager.

30 soap packs of 4 soaps in it = 120 soaps. Who would need so much for personal use?
From the looks, my guess is that person may be small shop owner who would resale this stuff at MRP.

I don't think you're aware of the real margins and might have not seen distributors' price lists.

No one would buy things in bulk for a price difference of Rs. 1 or 2 for the purpose of reselling.

Same policy apply to online grocery stores too.
Many retailer buy stuff in bulk from malls nowadays. Problem is these mnc sell it at major discount to institutional distributor.

Back