This site has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom #indiablocks

• Thread starter Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 1,036
  • Views Views 198,049
the block seems to be spilling over to Airtel and MTNL as well now link-removed - The leading online storage and file delivery service seems to be blocked on Airtel and MTNL, other websites are still accessible though i.e. through Airtel. Funny thing is that the block is not at the domain level with link-removed, ie typing the URL without www still opens the website.

link-removed working here on mtnl .

link-removed working for Reliance Delhi... :)

Try to :) open https://link-removed.com

While it is believed that members of websites like link-removed and Filesonic share copyrighted material, it is debatable if the websites can be held responsible for their behaviour. Pranesh Prakash, a senior official with Centre for Internet and Society and an expert of cyber law, said that even if the websites could be considered responsible, which would be wrong on many counts, it was illegal for Reliance Communications to block these websites.

"Yes, there is a John Doe order. But Reliance Communications seems to have misinterpreted it. If the judge, who gave the order, comes to know about how it has been used, I am sure he will disagree. So far, there is no evidence that members at the blocked file-hosting websites had indulged in piracy of Don 2. It's purely speculative. It is like shutting down a public library just because some one may go there and leave a book about bomb making," he said.

Prakash added that even if there was piracy of Don 2 on the said websites, proper procedures should have been followed to block them. "Blocking websites at ISP level is arbitrary and illegal. According to the IT rules in India, only DIT is empowered to issue orders on blocking of a website. Not even Department of Telecom, which looks after the affairs of ISPs, can order blocking of websites without involving DIT," he said.

Blocking website in India: Reliance Communications shows it is very easy — timesofindia.indiatimes.com — Readability

Someone please teach Reliance Entertainment turds what a DMCA is. You find your copyrighted material on a website send a DMCA to that site and links are deleted.. find a website sharing your movies send a DMCA to the host and the site gets taken down. No one is hosting any site in India with the crappy broadband connections anyways .. so a DMCA would be very effective.

All the big names in Hollywood follow this procedure why does Reliance has to act like a complete ignorant wannabe hipsters!

They should seriously kick the current piracy control team and a hire some new guys who are more competent. Thinking all file sharing sites = piracy is very old school now Reliance. I download videos and images from link-removed that some of my family members upload as the size is big for youtube and it is very easy and convenient to use these sites -_-

Anyways i'm just downing off private torrents and ftp's now but we should really let them know how retarded they are being like this.

They aren't ignorant they're arrogant.....they want to do what they want....and thanks to our stupid Government they can.

We have to recogonise Reliance Entertainment's right to ban pirated copies of their movies. but blocking access a whole site (because they are based overseas) which uploads many items is misuse of judiaciary and ISP staus.Any one care to open a facebook page. "I I hate Reliance"" say NO to reliance braoadband,GSM,CDMA,Netconnect a/c's"Lot of no reliance customers are also pissed off. If there is huge following, it could be hyped in all media.:worthy:Also find the judge who gave the order and put his picture in the facebook page. If the media heat gets to him, he will cancel the order. kapil sibal is not going to take action.This move is going in the direction he wants!

Back