Tikona Broadband User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 614
  • Views Views 258,314
guys thinking of getting tikona in my area at kolkata. any user here in kolkata ?
if yes then can u please share the ping time and speed ave throughout the day and night ?
PS: at my area airtel/reliance tata wired is not possible

well demo wont tell me the speed during rest of the time. it might be gd at the time of demo and might be bad afterwards . thats y i wanted to know wht other people are getting...

cyber_avijit said:
guys thinking of getting tikona in my area at kolkata. any user here in kolkata ?
if yes then can u please share the ping time and speed ave throughout the day and night ?
PS: at my area airtel/reliance tata wired is not possible
Dear Avijit,
Thank you for enquiring about our Tikona service.
Please provide your details by filling the following link
http://tikona.in/for-home/broadband-plans/plans/book-now/
Our representative will contact you to schedule a demo appointment
Regards,
Tikona Care

This month has been really bad with tikona, constant disconnections and exetremely high pings like 2000ms to google. Post FUP speed has been 300-500kbps.
I have called customer care several times and fortunately a nice guy from customer care sent a real actual technician but unfortunately i was not at home so he did not come again. They did not send any guy again even after many requests, "Sir mai yaha se check kar raha hu, apka connection thik chal raha hai, secondary speed hai isiliye slow speed hai" If you can barely open a web page then according to tikona your connect is fine and there is no problem at all.
He told me to plug the lan cable directly in my laptop and do a speedtest on speedtest.tikona.in and i got 8mbps down and 4 mbps up when clearly i had 512kbps on every other site. See how tikona forces to use their speedtest and decide based on that if my speed is ok.

I had the local techician's number(the one that visited but i missed him) and he said that i have to get a seperate rooftop device to fix all these problems as my device is currently being shared with my cousin. He said that many people have this problem but tikona does nothing about it. If you have a rooftop device which is shared with someone then 100% someone out of the users will have a very shitty experince with tikona. He said that a second hand rooftop device with single connection capibility will cost about Rs.800, getting it installed in a day or 2, will update in few days.

This month has been really bad with tikona, constant disconnections and exetremely high pings like 2000ms to google. Post FUP speed has been 300-500kbps.
I have called customer care several times and fortunately a nice guy from customer care sent a real actual technician but unfortunately i was not at home so he did not come again. They did not send any guy again even after many requests, "Sir mai yaha se check kar raha hu, apka connection thik chal raha hai, secondary speed hai isiliye slow speed hai" If you can barely open a web page then according to tikona your connect is fine and there is no problem at all.
He told me to plug the lan cable directly in my laptop and do a speedtest on speedtest.tikona.in and i got 8mbps down and 4 mbps up when clearly i had 512kbps on every other site. See how tikona forces to use their speedtest and decide based on that if my speed is ok.

I had the local techician's number(the one that visited but i missed him) and he said that i have to get a seperate rooftop device to fix all these problems as my device is currently being shared with my cousin. He said that many people have this problem but tikona does nothing about it. If you have a rooftop device which is shared with someone then 100% someone out of the users will have a very shitty experince with tikona. He said that a second hand rooftop device with single connection capibility will cost about Rs.800, getting it installed in a day or 2, will update in few days.

Dear Subscriber,

Greetings from Tikona.

We have noted your post. In order to assist you further, we would require your contact or Tikona User ID details. We have assigned a reference number #
TIKJL1291 to your case. Requesting you to mention the reference number in the subject line while sharing your details with us on [email protected]

Regards,

Tikona Care

Dear Subscriber,

This is a gentle reminder to follow-up on your concern listed on July 15, 2014. Requesting you to share details in order for us to assist/resolve your concern. Kindly share your details with us on [email protected] mentioning your assigned reference number TIKJL1291 in the subject line.

Regards,

Tikona Care

Back