Tikona Broadband User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 614
  • Views Views 258,314
Again ping to google.in is 4 seconds and no improvement for a few hours. Noticed a weird thing today, if i keep my modem off i am still getting internet access. Maybe my cousin's modem is powering the rooftop device, that is why.

Me too can access net without turning ON adapter coz my tenant powers it up. He would be benefited when power goes OFF and when my ups is turned ON.

choombak said:
[UPDATE] As I was putting together proofs of Tikona's unprofessional behavior, I received a call from their engineer yesterday. He requested me to have him take a look one more time. By now, almost everything related to Tikona has been changed/replaced in the trial-and-error method to troubleshoot, except for the 50 ft. CAT5 cable running from the terrace to my home. It turns out that the crimping on the home-end of this wire was NOT DONE PROPERLY by the installation engineer. He got it fixed, and viola - I started getting 1.5mbps speed, with all my wireless devices working fine...!

However, this does not make up for the lost time, and mental anguish I faced while I dealt with the Tikona customer support, as well as their complacency to troubleshoot and make a happy customer.

I put a neutral rating to them now, till the broadband works fine for the next 6 months or so, when I might revise the rating. So if you are going for Tikona, largely you are on your own.

Tikona user id.: 11xxxxxxxx

Typically, I have a lot of patience, and try to resolve things peacefully, but the Tikona experience has left a very bitter and sour taste in my mouth, and hence I am posting my (mis)adventure with them. If you don't wish to read further, the summary is - AVOID TIKONA. They are crooks, and take your money very quickly, but do not honor their end of the agreement at all.

On 3rd March 2012, I opted for Tikona's WiBro ADB1099 plan, since they promised 2MBPS speed, and my society in Balewadi, Pune did not have any better service provider. Their marketing executive, Rameshwar (ph. no. 9922760864, sales exec id. 500005594) (who operates in the Baner/Balewadi area in Pune) promptly collected Rs. 1800 from me, as 1 month advance rental (1099), and installation charges (500). He gave no demo. He promised my existing Belkin router shall work easily with the connection.

The installation was done prompty within 2-3 days. During the installation the speed was around 600-700kbps, but the guy assured me it should be okay overnight (what a stupid reason, but I bought it at that time). Nothing. The speed never crossed 700kbps any time of the day. The technical folks visited my place about 6 to 8 times, changed the receiver, still nothing. Oh, and more than half of the time the technical support guys keep on checking the speed through their download test - it is funny, cause you do it once or 10 times, if the speed is slow, it is slow. :-)

I tried using Belkin, it did not work (only amber light). I got on with Belkin's support in Bangalore for about an hour and tried trouble-shooting, and finally arrived at a conclusion that the connection had an issue, the router was fine. It works fine at my friend's place with Airtel connection. I called up the Tikona installation guy, and he shrugged responsibility saying it should be handled by technical folks.

I am now out of money, with a poor internet speed (not even closer to what was promised), and non-functional wireless.

I immediately opted for cancellation, and sent an email to their support on 18 March to that effect. It is also funny that they require you to send email for disconnection, and won't accept the request over phone. Since that day, I have followed-up every week only to get a stupid "request forwarded to backend, etc" kind of responses. They also had the never to send me a bill, without a word on the disconnection part. The marketing guy Rameshwar has vanished, and he no longer picks up my phone.

I am thinking of suing them in the Consumer Court for fraud, since I have all the proofs including emails. As well as I am putting this news out in various Pune based dailies (Sakal, Maharashtra Times, TOI, DNA, Pune Mirror, etc.), as I have contacts at all these places. It is not a question of Rs. 1800, but the countless hours I spent with their customer support on phone, as well as their technical people who visited my house every 3 days putting up a "troubleshooting theatre". My reson of posting here was to warn you of this shoddy outfit called Tikona.

If you are opting for Tikona - think again. You are probably better off without an internet connection! They are a fraud outfit, with shoddy business practices, non-existent technical support, and low ethical/moral standards. I will NEVER do business with Tikona again. If they have any morality left, they better return my Rs. 1800.

[UPDATE 2]

This thing has not resolved -- after repeated attempts at getting my bill corrected, Tikona refused to do so citing my usage of broadband. Installed in Mar 2012, and finally working in mid-May 2012, and Tikona bills me full for Mar, Apr, May, and does not correct the bill. The only usage was when I wanted to check if things work.

These Tikona idiots do not understand that there was an INSTALLATION problem from their end (bad crimping causing loss of signal), and refuse to correct the bill. They still are FRAUDS, CHEATS and UNETHICAL BUSINESS. STAY CLEAR.
I have experienced exactly the same in balewadi area but for Youbroad band...sometimes I feel all of them are theives of the same pack

Dude came today finally, for the demo.
Took a look and said that no Tower is near.
Left.
FML.

sounds like the phone coversation with the airtel people.

me: i want to get a 4mbps connection.
airtel: let us conduct a feasibility study.
me: ok.

2 hours later

airtel: we have done the study, we can offer 2mbps in your area.
me: fuck my life.

3G dangles won't do cause I'm aiming for semi decent pings at 4 MBPS plans.
AFAIK DLF Phase 1 has BSNL, Triple Play, Airtel. That's it.

Triple Play does not work? They are the servers speedtest.net picks up for me every single time.

More in the lines of keep a cheap airtel plan for gaming. Doesn't consume much data AFAIK?

And 3G for downloading or bsnl with the 1445 plan.

Friend has Triple Play, isn't happy with their service/uptime.

Back