Tikona Broadband User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 614
  • Views Views 258,336
Sorry to hear that. Surrerender that connection ASAP and get your money back (if possible) - it's the only thing I can suggest. :wall:

Sorry to hear that. Surrerender that connection ASAP and get your money back (if possible) - it's the only thing I can suggest. :wall:

Thanks for showing me your concern. And I'm relaxed that at least someone listen to my problem. It still has not improved.
After this, I even sent a mail to the customer care address, and got reply from an executive named Sonam Nikam who stated that resolution is under process. And so I'm eagerly waiting for their solution, or else discontinue the connection.
It is fully evident that Tikona is a fraud internet service provider. Even if I take FUL799 plan for 600 kbps in reality it would be only 300 kbps.

I curse to Tikona.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

warning: Tikona is a fraud service...so avoid it.
Warning: Tikona is a fraud service...so avoid it.

I Wish TI KO NA..... Tikona ko tikne nahi dena...... This is worst and no class broadband and you never see internet connected.... lost my money and time but still same issues..... Be aware of such elephent shit internet provideres....

Hello All, I was using BSNL and due to slow speed Opted Tikona connection 15 days back, enginner came and instlled this coneection. He left my plance and since that time I am not able to connect to network and keep on calling and getting message that 48 hours it will be fixed. I don't know when 48 hours will be over but lost money and time. Big mistake that opted this network however now i have applied for BSNL and my connection actived in 5 days and working fine, posting this using BSNL link and not TIKONA. TIKONA is elephant/dinasore shit. I will say TIKONA - TI KO NA, It will not work. TIKONA ko TIKNE NAHI DENA...

I took a Tikona connection last March. It took three weeks for them to come and instal. We, in a Society having 70-odd flats, were offered connections without installation charges. My first bill came before end of April and I was slapped with an installation charge of Rs 500. I started disputing the bill from then on. On June 4 I made a request for disconnection. Till now (July 9, 2010) no one has come to disconnect. I haven't used their services since May 30. By then I had lodged several complaints that their services were non-functional. No engineer has come to me to check. Since June 4 I have complained several times to state that I want disconnection. Nothing has happened barring their constant requests (SMS) seeking payment and occasional threats (on phone) that they will continue to harass me. I have so far paid Rs 500 as deposit in March (to be adjusted against the first two monthly bills in equal instalments); Rs 382 as monthly charges and again Rs 500 (as installation charges) at the end of June in order to get rid of this horrible company. Now, they have raised a bill of Rs 1661 including Rs 1000 as arrears. They don't mention the Rs 500 paid through cheque nor do they even mention the Rs 500 I paid at the end of June. The additional 661 is the monthly charge charged to me from May 26 to June 26. Even as I wait for disconnection, they charge be monthly charges. Only a fool will take this service. I was foolish to do that!

hi guys,my sincere advice - do not touch tikona with a barge pole; in my case, they took the Rs. 500/- for registration, encashed the cheque, then said we are not sure if the signal is available at my house! it has been 3 months - they have not returned my money - AND, hold your breath, they have sent me a bill for the last month without activating the service!! is it just shabby service or is it intentionally taking money without giving service - either way, they are not worth it.I have since bought a router to give the same wirelees mobility within the house and even making my wife happy since she too can access the internet.What Tikona has done to me is serious, it is fraud

Tikona is the worst kind of interner service atleast in terms of management. I was cheated in the month of April for which Tikona was supposed to refund my amount and till date they haven't resolved the issue. They are assigning docket numbers but of no use. I already have a bunch of docket numbers assigned but no one is responsible. Now to say how I was cheated. There a sales guy Mr. Shiva, who visited my house and promised that within 5 days I give get a new connection and for which I have paid the amount. Later even after 10 days I didn't get the connection and when asked for it, I was told that there is no feasibility in my area and I cannot get the connection. When asked for my refund, all I get is lame excuses. Now its more than 5 months that I have waiting patienly but I lost my patience and I am planning to file a case in consumer forum.

My suggestion: What does it benefit if the management is not capable of answering a simple query even though the technical service is good. For time being it works but in the long run, the customer will be a scape goat. Think about it...

Note: I have no clue about how the technical service is....

Regards,
Kamalakar

If someone make me a offer to publicise Tikoan's bad bad services I will pay to him. First thing they are not Braodband service, I had 512 Kbps plan and it was like 64 Kbps. Second it won't work in rainy season. Third you even complaint to Nodel people about bad service they wont get back to you. Forth you can't have Wi-Fi in your home you always have to plug-in the cable. Fifth you can't make payments online their Payment pages are always down.Sixth to get the connection get ready to access any page you have to wait for 5 long minutes by the time modem (white box) start recieving signal.Seventh the box need to be kept in the window facing the Tikona tower.Eight you won't get speed(which is already low) in peak hours.Ninth the connection is not consistent, it comes in wave form so in every 5 sec connection dips, you can't enjoy a decent video on YouTube of 1 min in 512 Kbps speed. Tenth they don't have fair practices, they given me some-one else UserID and Password when my connection was down. Eleventh, never ever trust on the sales guy commitments, they sold me a connection even when my area was not under full coverage and above it their Nodal(senior management) they also tried to hide mistake of their staff.So if anyone had never enjoyed a worst service with ugliest support then choose Tikona.

Fellow Tikona Users,

I am in process of filing a lawsuit against Tikona through District Consumer Court in Mumbai and hope I don’t need to give you the reasons behind the same :)

All the fellow users are requested to join hand to teach them a lesson. If you are really serious about the issue you are facing / already faced then please drop amail to me in [email protected] with a subject line - 'Tikona'

This is to inform you that I only need your moral support and nothing else, I am going to take care of all the expenses and pain to fight this evil.

Thanks
Prabir_Mumbai

Back