Tikona Broadband User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 614
  • Views Views 258,330
tikona..me using it from past four months..............service excellent.......and speed too.rarely breaks in the middle......

Hey i have also got a Tikona Connection with Nanostation being put up on my building rooftop and a LAN cable is being terminated on my PC. When i asked them that i want to connect multiple PCs with tikona connection wirelessly, they provided me another modem (RUCKUS - tikona is charging for providing an extra modem) and terminated the Nanostation Cable into the Ruckus Router and then i could able to use the Ruckus as a Wi-Fi router and able to access Tikona connection over my Laptops wirelessly.One Glitch which is there as Ruckus has only one Ethernet port which is being used for terminating the Nanostation feed, hence, in this scenario o can only use the service as wireless service and not an ethernet cable from Ruckus Modem being terminated to my Ethernet Port.In the end the solution i was looking for got fulfilled and i am enjoying the service..:wewin:

Hey Guys,Here is the whole story. Let me start by stating my location. I am from Noida. Now the ordeal.I had applied a connection with your company on 25th March 2010. A executive Mr. Ankit Tiwari came on 25th and collected the cheque and promised me that I would be getting the installation done at my premises on the next day that is 26th March 2010. Nobody turned up on 26th and I tried giving a call on the phone numbers which were mentioned to me by Mr. Tiwari. To my surprise out of the four numbers mentioned on the business card two numbers were not working. One was a wrong number and the last number which was indeed his was switched off. Frustrated I had no other option but to wait for the next day. Again on 27th nobody turned up and I had no other option but to give a call on the customer service number. Upon calling I was told there was was some mistake from their side and an engineer would be visiting my premises on 29th. This time they gave a service request number which was “1-374030486”. Then again on 29th nobody showed up. I gave a call on 30th morning and the customer care executive told me that somebody would be visiting my premises on the same day till 7:00 in the evening. I kept waiting till 8:00 and again nobody showed up. I again called up the customer care and the executive told me that he will look into the matter with his top most priority and it would be solved by tomorrow evening. Now we are sitting on the evening of 31st March 2010 and still absolutely nothing has been done at the company’s end. I again called up customer care and asked if I can get the address of local branch which was refused to me by the company executive. And this time the executive asked me that it would be done by the evening. I was getting impatient as i wanted to terminate my BSNL connection before 1st. But as fate would have it nobody came and i gave a call again at 8:30 to give a piece of my mind. I asked to talk to somebody senior and they put me on hold for 45 mins before passing me call to the floor manager. Now this guy not only apologized but gave me an assurance that on 1st somebody would be visiting for sure.Today is 1st and its 7:30 i called up at my place to see if somebody has turned up. And the answer is NO. I don't know what to do now as i have lost faith in Tikona. They have already taken a cheque from me for Rs 800 and en-cashed it. I can just get into touch with them via phone. And they make all false promises. A connection that was supposed to be given on 26th has not been given till 1st. They expect the customer to wait till 7:00 in the evening and don't bother to call even if they are not coming.Can somebody here guide me to their local branch office in Noida as i want to make a visit there or can somebody pass me the email of a high rank official of the company cause this is just ridiculous. Thanks for reading.RegardsSwitch

First of all, I think I have found that moment of bliss, where I have encountered the worst service possible for worst possible thing. Things can only get better from here.

Well I have had my funny moments with Reliance, Beam, Airtel but this ****in Tikona is friggin awsome. Crappiest service I have ever seen for anything.

A non-working connection was provided (without wireless) which engineer said, he's gonna fix next day. Well with Tikona there's nothing like a next day. Called him a trillion times, but he wont come. Finally he stopped taking my calls.

OK fine!! lets try calling their awesome customer care guys on the ****in toll free no and try raising a complaint. Wow I have a complaint number. "Sir, this would be fixed within 48 hours. Engineer would visit ur premises by 6pm tomorrow/today". WOW gr8! This must now be fixed. How wrong!!

Go to hell with ur complaint no. These guys dont give a damn, if complaint is active for 5 days or 10 days. If engineer has decided he doesn't want to come, there's no one who can convince him. May be, he's expecting me to bribe him or something.

The customer care guys are a different species altogether. Somehow poor guys manage to express themselves, if script goes out of their curriculum. They have no idea what they are talking about. There life is based on three basic principles of life :
1. Sir, your complaint is in progress. (WOW so good to know. Have been hearing same for last 3 days.. )
2. Sir, it would be handled in 48 hours. (My dear friend its already 96 hours and this is 4th time you are telling me 48 hours)
3. Sir, I am really sorry, engineer would be there by 6PM (assume today if calling before 4pm or tomorrow if calling after 4)

Very rarely, you find yourself short of words ridiculing something and its one of those days. I have no idea how something so screwed can even be so famous.

TIKONA is the crappiest thing I have ever experienced.

End story :
Connection installed on 29th March.
Uptime : 2 days
Downtime : 9 days and counting, well lets hope Mr engineeeeer decides to come by 6 pm tomorrow.

Nice to know, Just cancel your connection and demand a refund......... :impissed:

Thanks for the info! Will keep in mind.

Well, to complete my story. After I emotionally traumatized their customer care (giving them insaaniyat ke farz krap, acting innocently distressed and telling them how tikona has ruined my life :P). the engineeear did pay a visit. Well there was some configuration issues or not sure what but all he did was reinstal the dialer etc.. And for some geeky reason he declares that wifi wont work until Monday and left. As soon as he left, I tried connecting and my connection was working great :DTrust me when I tell you, they have no idea what's happening :-)

But I did one thing, I got this in writing from their representative that if I am not going to get proper speed for 10 days, my money will be refunded and I will not pay any bill.:inodding:

Well they provided connection on 8th March and Viola!! :wewin:

was working fine until engineer was there.
He left and took speed with him too and I started getting speed between 28-145 kbps for my 300 kbps plan.:O

Well I raised the first complain on 9th itself and they send their engineer Ahmed with some crappy Antenna, he put it over there and talked to someone on phone (later told to be local technical team) and told me that I am getting low signals (20-28% max), and he will talk to his superiors to increase the signal strength. Actually he was a nice guy, who seemed to be trapped with this company and told me that sir, if you do not get signals even after putting antenna, please talk to our customer care for disconnection.

But i decided to bear it for few more odd days and keep on taking screenshots of their speedtest.
But no miracle happened (Unlucky me!!!) :huh::huh:

And from 26th March onward, I started raising several complains a day and was advised by Customer care guy to wait for 48 hr (as if he is going to cast some magical spell and turn things around), I waited but keep them bugging from time to time but nothing happened. :O:O

Again raised a complain on 28th and send those screenshots to nodal offices and compliant officer. And yeah in mean time, I got my Bill too, which is of 1023.00 (where as i have taken 599 plan and used it for 18 days and the bill should be 400rs only),:readtherules: Called customer care, they are confused as usual

Till 4th nothing happened!!:iplay:

Then decided that its enough!!!

I wrote a mail to them, that I want a disconnection and my money and documents back!! And called customer care again and got following replies!!
1. Sir, your complaint is in progress.
2. Sir, it would be handled in 48 hours. (Dude!! its more than 120 hr already 96 hours, Go get a life man)
3. Sir, I am really sorry, engineer would be there by 6PM (Dont give me shit!!!!)

Till yesterday nothing!!!

I had some very important work to do and there was speed of 48 kbps, so i decided
to give them the beating of their lifetime.
Called customer care and he started the same thing, Sir, We understand your problem and all that
I told him to shut the F#&K up and listen to me!
Then I told them, I want my money and documents back
CC guy: Sir first you have to pay your bills
Me: Bill for what?? 30 kbps?? how much it is 50 rs or60 rs??, Well i am not going to give you a single penny
CC: Sir I will take that request and a person will come to collect the router in a week time
Me: Dude, I will return the router when i will get my money back!!:madness::madness:
CC: Sir!!!:huh:
ME: Yeah, mention that and from now onwards I don't want any communication, pay back my money and take your crappy router away!! :p

And this made me happy!!!

P.S: I have recordings of all the telephonic conversation

Now I am planing for BEAM tele (offering 786 kbps @600)!!

Since January, I was fed up of my Airtel connection, and decided to change my ISP, looked for some providers and finally come down to Tikona Wibro and called their service rep for details and finally decided for 300 kbps unlimited plan for 600/ month.

But thankfully I did one smart thing, I got this in writing from their representative that if I am not going to get proper speed for 10 days, my money will be refunded and I will not pay any bill.:inodding:

Well they provided connection on 8th March and Viola!! :wewin:

was working fine until engineer was there.
He left and took speed with him too and I started getting speed between 28-145 kbps for my 300 kbps plan.:O:cry:

Well I raised the first complain on 9th itself and they send their engineer Ahmed with some crappy Antenna, he put it over there and talked to someone on phone (later told to be local technical team) and told me that I am getting low signals (20-28% max), and he will talk to his superiors to increase the signal strength. Actually he was a nice guy, who seemed to be trapped with this company and told me that sir, if you do not get signals even after putting antenna, please talk to our customer care for disconnection.

But i decided to bear it for few more odd days and keep on taking screenshots of their speedtest.

But no miracle happened (Unlucky me!!!) :huh::huh:

And from 26th March onward, I started raising several complains a day and was advised by Customer care guy to wait for 48 hr (as if he is going to cast some magical spell and turn things around), I waited but keep them bugging from time to time but nothing happened. :O:O

Again raised a complain on 28th and send those screenshots to nodal offices and compliant officer. And yeah in mean time, I got my Bill too, which is of 1023.00 (where as i have taken 599 plan and used it for 18 days and the bill should be 400rs only),:readtherules: Called customer care, they are confused as usual

Till 4th nothing happened!!:iplay:

Then decided that its enough!!!

I wrote a mail to them, that I want a disconnection and my money and documents back!! And called customer care again and got following replies!!
1. Sir, your complaint is in progress.
2. Sir, it would be handled in 48 hours. (Dude!! its more than 120 hr already 96 hours, Go get a life man)
3. Sir, I am really sorry, engineer would be there by 6PM (Dont give me shit!!!!)

Till yesterday nothing!!!

I had some very important work to do and there was speed of 48 kbps, so i decided
to give them the beating of their lifetime.
Called customer care and he started the same thing, Sir, We understand your problem and all that
I told him to shut the F#&K up and listen to me!
Then I told them, I want my money and documents back
CC guy: Sir first you have to pay your bills
Me: Bill for what?? 30 kbps?? how much it is 50 rs or60 rs??, Well i am not going to give you a single penny
CC: Sir I will take that request and a person will come to collect the router in a week time
Me: Dude, I will return the router when i will get my money back!!:madness::madness:
CC: Sir!!!:huh:
ME: Yeah, mention that and from now onwards I don't want any communication, pay back my money and take your crappy router away!! :p

And this made me happy!!!

P.S: I have recordings of all the telephonic conversation

Now I am planing for BEAM tele (offering 786 kbps @600)!! Anyone has any idea, how is this one or again I have to bang my heads on???:ishock:

i have been using Tikona SME Plan.. XFUL 1399 (1 Mbps unlmited.. )i have been using tikona for a month now.. and already planing to shift to some other ISP....a hell lots of down time... within a time span of 20 days... i had already registered 12 complaints regarding .. very low speed, no netwrok etc... their service is pethatic .. dont go for it... well i used to consider myself lucky.. even after reading so so reviews about tikona and rather disastrous reviews on mouthshut... i still decided to go ahead with it... thinking i might be lucky and service in my area will be good... (earlier tata had very negative comments.. but ended up using tata for over 2 yrs... and damn very satisfied... )Tikona is seriously not worth... do pay heed to my adive... sayin all this from my personal experience... imagine gettin download speeds of 20KB/s (most of the time... though it does give 125KB/s on rare occassions.. ) on a 1Mbps unlimited connection.... DONT TAKE TIKONA .... IT IS BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD... wow am frustrated..!! and yeah almost forgot to mention.... tikona Access point for my area is installed on top of my building itself... if thts the service in my building then i really pitty tikona users in other buildings...

Back