Tikona Broadband User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 614
  • Views Views 258,326
I'm not 100% sure of Tikona's set up, but I would suggest you need a normal broadband (non-DSL) router between Tikona's equipment and your switch - it could be something to do with an IP or MAC address/multiple login conflict. For example, If they are only allocating you 1 IP address per account (eg, the account is "single user"), then you'd need a router AND THEN the switch (or use a router with a switch built in) - a DSL router is not suitable here because it's WAN port is designed to go out to your phoneline.Should be:Tikonas equipment -----> Router WAN Port (ROUTER)Router LAN 1 -----> Computer 1Router LAN 2 -----> Computer 2Router LAN 3 -----> Computer 3Router LAN 4 -----> Computer 4

Thank you for reply. Their setup is one nanostation on terrace of building, one LAN wire comes from that, which I connected to switch (simple switch, non-ADSL). They allow two users at a time to connect, so it connects also on two computers at a time. Problem is disconnection when through switch. If directly connected LAN wire coming from nanostation to computer, no problem at all.

I recently got this connection and the speed is really good.. They have new plans, I am using 599 unlimited 300kbs speed 500 as deposit..sug: Try to clear the mac address and check the speed you will feel the difference.My average download speed is 140 kbs and upload will be 220 kbps

hi
I am from Delhi
i am frustated with Tata Broadband wimax connection because :
1) dynamic ip - not always on - gotta go to their server page to login every 4-5 hrs [session timeout]
2) auto login option on their page works with static ip plans which they charge around Rs.250-300 more over and above dynamic ip plan charges
3) Torrenting not possible as they have smart software to detect such activity blocking / limiting TCPs connections
4) installation constitutes 2 boxes [one is BIG box antinna , the other is small one which needs to be turned on 30 min before i can authenticate and connect]

so given the pts 1-4 above anybody wanting to try Tata Broadband for torrents will be in for a big disappointment!!!! - be warned !
Now contrast this with tikona broadband and please clarity viz a viz points above for my understanding

right now i am with MTNL [512 kbps UL plan] with dynamic ip and normal router for "always on"
But the speed is the issue [instead of 512 kbps ,64 KBps getting 400-456 kbps,50-57 KBps]
I guess MTNL is the only option with "always on - dynamic ip] with full torrent connections running [i configured the virtual server settings myself]
Please let me know how Tikona connection performs [Tikona does not have static ip] viz a viz pts 1-4 above and oblige !

Tikona Provides 1Mbps unlimited Speed for Rs2999pm, are they doin business or just joking around, other ISPs provide 1Mbps unlimited for below Rs1500, if they make their 1Mbps plan for around Rs1000pm then it would make some sense, hope Tikona starts providing 1 and 2Mbps unlimited plans@ reasonable prices soon!!

Where are you located in Pune ? I am myself thinking to get it. Waiting for your reply.

Brothers, I am also in pune and thinking of geeting tikona. Please share your views... Regards, Jaspal

I configured my router so my laptop,
Great news.
Please post IP of the router ID to access the modem/router and password.
( is it Ruckus Mt2211 model wifi model ?) and you are in wifi Mode ?
Check in WAN page time idle time entries if any.
Also post ipconfig /all data.
This router can pick up wifi signals from another enabled WIFI router (WDS mode )
without any cable connection RJ45.That is why I am interested in your feedback.

Even i was thinking to switch to Tikona. I even got call from sales representative one day without even contacting them! I stay in Lajpat Nagar,so they said it works over here. But i was bit hesitant to opt for it as its new player but there plan are lucrative. I presently have AirTel for more than 3 years. I'll recommend AirTel here in Delhi NCR,because of their great Technical + customer support,almost nil downtime. I know AirTel is little bit expensive but its worth it when compared to TATA/Tikona/MTNL. :thumbsup:

Back