Tikona Broadband User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 614
  • Views Views 258,321
Wat about the location guys?? Does anyone know if its available in the Vasai - Virar area?:pleasehelp:

mods please . delete this thread.. its completely off-topic & if Mr. Jr thakrey seen this he will force to change the name of this website to "chauda-patti.bharat" :happy:seems manuse's are going away from civilization day by day

i have been using tikona since one and a half months now. i have found their service to be good.i am on the rs 1250 plan which gives 600kbps in the day and 1mbps between 10pm and 10am. its an unlimited plan. i am getting the promised speeds(using torrents mostly) and have not noticed any downtime yet(which is surprising for a small ISP).the only thing i faced problems with and would like to warn others about is the placement of their router which needs to be hanging outside a window to catch a signal from tikona's antena(better word anyone?). since my building did not allow tikona guys to install their equipment i had to put in a lot of effort to check each and every window of my house for a signal from a nearby building until i found the one from which it works.they have a browser based login page which you have to go thru before using the internet which i despise for any ISP. but its ok and i have learned to live with it.i like tikona's website and their hassle free billing system. also the person who had come to install knew a thing or two about what he was talking and was not clueless. the company had given him a smart little netbook to demonstrate their service which was helpful.overall i found tikona's service to be much better than honesty net solutions which i had earler (they were also btw very good at delivering promised speed) but i hated their offline login client and did not like any of their plans. tikona playes well with my own router too which splits the internet to 3 machines and a laptop. with HNS i had to constantly call them up to add remove mac addresses which did not always work.ps: started new thread because the other one went way off-topic.ps2: i had to type this whole post again because by the time i submitted it i got logged out and when i pressed back it had forgotten the text i had typed, which made me really mad :@

personally when i type a long reply i tend to control-a control-c control-end at regular intervals. i do not really trust browsers.

How can anyone have Tikona BB when they are really not interested in giving connections! Have been trying to contact them since last 15 days and really no response. Finally was given an appointment and told that an engineer would visit me (am from Mumbai) and give a demo ... Guess what? No one turned up. No one in the call centre has a clue why no one called & they can't help anyways!! Oh you guys should call the 1800 20 wi bro number ... it take a few tries to get through and once connected the line will disconnect after about 90 seconds! You try and send them a mail and again no response! Its really sad state of affairs ... :impissed:

Ha. I had no clue what that meant but a quick search solved the problem.

But why stop at places? I propose that companies be forced to change to good swadeshi names. No Airtel and Reliance.:notallowed:

Well i heard that tikona is the name of some place near Pune where these guys had thought of making this company so thaey thought of keeping this naME OF TIKONA:thumbsup:

i have been using tikona since one and a half months now. i have found their service to be good.

i am on the rs 1250 plan which gives 600kbps in the day and 1mbps between 10pm and 10am. its an unlimited plan. i am getting the promised speeds(using torrents mostly) and have not noticed any downtime yet(which is surprising for a small ISP).

the only thing i faced problems with and would like to warn others about is the placement of their router which needs to be hanging outside a window to catch a signal from tikona's antena(better word anyone?). since my building did not allow tikona guys to install their equipment i had to put in a lot of effort to check each and every window of my house for a signal from a nearby building until i found the one from which it works.

they have a browser based login page which you have to go thru before using the internet which i despise for any ISP. but its ok and i have learned to live with it.

i like tikona's website and their hassle free billing system. also the person who had come to install knew a thing or two about what he was talking and was not clueless. the company had given him a smart little netbook to demonstrate their service which was helpful.

overall i found tikona's service to be much better than honesty net solutions which i had earler (they were also btw very good at delivering promised speed) but i hated their offline login client and did not like any of their plans. tikona playes well with my own router too which splits the internet to 3 machines and a laptop. with HNS i had to constantly call them up to add remove mac addresses which did not always work.

ps: started new thread because the other one went way off-topic.

ps2: i had to type this whole post again because by the time i submitted it i got logged out and when i pressed back it had forgotten the text i had typed, which made me really mad :@

Well even i am using Tikona`s services & i have seen in some of my friends cases where the Access Point ( Tikona`s antenna which you were reffering to) is not installed on thier buildings had to simply use a small antenna outside the window (which i feel is weather proof),& the Wireless Router is inside the window.

To delete the MAC Address you need to Click on Self Care ( In Tikona WI-BRO Dialer) -punch in your User ID & password -click on My MAC Address-Put User Id & Password-Select the MAC address & click on Remove Selected. You are done its so Simple.

The only thing i can say that no other ISP can provide is Secured Wireless Internet service, other ISP also provide Wi-Fi Router but no one configures it so that the user can keep it Password protected.Thank God Tikona is here. :irock:

How can anyone have Tikona BB when they are really not interested in giving connections! Have been trying to contact them since last 15 days and really no response. Finally was given an appointment and told that an engineer would visit me (am from Mumbai) and give a demo ... Guess what? No one turned up. No one in the call centre has a clue why no one called & they can't help anyways!!
Oh you guys should call the 1800 20 wi bro number ... it take a few tries to get through and once connected the line will disconnect after about 90 seconds! You try and send them a mail and again no response! Its really sad state of affairs ... :impissed:

I share same experience with Tikona. I am from Mumbai. I booked for a demo 10 days in advance since no slot was available in nearby weekends. However the engineer did not turn up! So I registered a complaint. After a day engineer did come up but the router could not get stable signal.

He then started pushing me to convenience my soc to install access point. If I am not convinced about the stability of signal in first place, how would I convince my soc for a 3 yr lock in period & get the connection..? This is no go for Tikona... especially since they are later entrants....

ive been using tikona for the past 2 months actually.........
and its pretty gud if u ask me............
ive got the

ISDN 150(day)/300(after 10) kbps unlimited plan.............
pings pretty decent around early 100s for singapore servers.........
decent for gaming given that its a wireless router........

https://www.speedtest.net

service is good
company sends technicians catering to customers every request

but the best ISP for me is 5net dsl
pings of 9 at an average :urock:
trust me guys ive used it b4 :inodding:

banda,since u have an unlimited plans... what dl speed r u getting.Please tell me in Kilo Bytes Per SecondAND not in in Kilo Bites Per Secondcause I have plan of 300kbps unlimitedbut getting only 30kBps

Back