Tikona Broadband User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 614
  • Views Views 258,326
hey my building has tikona wi-bro access points ....i got afriends userid n password......all i need to start using it is the tikona dialer program........if some1 gt it then please please e-mail it to me:cry:
emailid: [email protected]:imwink:

logon to login.tikona.injst put in ur friends ID and pass and connectif you are unable to connect.go to the same website and select option "Check Account details"put id and pass and loginthen go to "My mac address"select and delete all of themthen try 2 login.

wn i go to login.tikona.com im redirected to login.tikona.com/static i hav tried evrything i could but still cldnt connect im sure i need the tikona dialer .......cnt seem to connect without it....:wall:

hey my building has tikona wi-bro access points ....i got afriends userid n password......all i need to start using it is the tikona dialer program........if some1 gt it then please please e-mail it to me:cry:

Hey Elroya

you can download a copy of tikona dailer from web site
Selfcare - Product Information
or go to selfcare.tikona.in
click on product information
click on Tikona wi-bro dailer

download and enjoy wireless internet:irock:

thnx THE.ONEcz of u i gt access to high speed internet compared to my lousy dial-up....i owe u big time..................................thnxU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohyea:

banda,

since u have an unlimited plans... what dl speed r u getting.
Please tell me in Kilo Bytes Per Second
AND
not in in Kilo Bites Per Second

cause I have plan of 300kbps unlimited
but getting only 30kBps
well rahul u are getting around what u should...always divide your plan speed with 8(eight)...so as ur plan is 300kbps__300/8=37.5 is what u should get...

thnx THE.ONE

cz of u i gt access to high speed internet compared to my lousy dial-up....i owe u big time..................................thnx

U ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohyea:

HEY

How is Tikona Broadband?
am Planning to go for it. what is the plan u are using and how is the speed?
and is the speed fluctuating? how much is the entry cost and is there any deposit for hardware?and is there any minimum subscription period?

reply pls
:cool2:

tikona guys generally gives the dump with installation..
ask ur frnd n if not den ask him to call up the tikona techs to give them the dump..

Thought I would start another thread for people who have actually used this service to describe their experience.

They have started advertising quite heavily in Bombay and their plans seem pretty decent. Their 600kbps Unlimited plan would be excellent for me.

I really like the way they have bill limits for their limited plans as well. That shows they understand consumer concerns about enormous bills and have designed their plans to allay them.

So how good is their service? Any down time? How quickly do they respond to complaints? Really any information from people who have used Tikona would be appreciated.

i have been using tikona wi-bro for 2 months now, i am on 600kbps plan,, the speed is pretty amazing and have not experienced any downtime a well..
service is also pretty good as the tikona techies who came for installation knew what they were talkin about..

----------

How can anyone have Tikona BB when they are really not interested in giving connections! Have been trying to contact them since last 15 days and really no response. Finally was given an appointment and told that an engineer would visit me (am from Mumbai) and give a demo ... Guess what? No one turned up. No one in the call centre has a clue why no one called & they can't help anyways!!
Oh you guys should call the 1800 20 wi bro number ... it take a few tries to get through and once connected the line will disconnect after about 90 seconds! You try and send them a mail and again no response! Its really sad state of affairs ... :impissed:

@whizz- a rare bad experience... tikona generally is very efficient,, they respond quickly,,the problem is they have not covered entire mumbai,,may be datz d reazon dey didnot come for live demo.

----------

Well i heard that tikona is the name of some place near Pune where these guys had thought of making this company so thaey thought of keeping this naME OF TIKONA:thumbsup:

yaa it is some fort on mum-pune highway...dis is as swadeshi as it can get:D:thumb:

Hello:I have just started using Tikona. I am in Pune. They have placed nanostation for coverage and LAN wire comes directly in my premise for connection. I have got somewhat unique and different problem. Whenever I connect their LAN wire through switch, my connection disconnects frequently. Whenever I connect their LAN wire direct to computer, there is no problem at all. I have to connect through switch because I have to connect more than one computers. I am talking to their technical persons. Does anyone have reasons and/or solutions for this? I tried two to three different switches for this, all D-Link and one BSNL DSL router.

Back