Tikona Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 201,498
NO PROBLEMs till now:)......having this tikona from past 4 months......... i just paid 500rs at the time of submitting the documents..........and speed consistent........and i changed my FUL599 PLAN (300KBPS) to FUL799(600kbps) by calling customer care..........Customer care guy told me that it would take 24 hrs to change the plan but believe me:thumb:........plan was changed in half an hour............... one of my friends living in my same apartment also installed tikona and he too got his plan changed in one hr.......service excellent......:thumb: iam sayin with personal experience............BTW i live in hyd.....:bowtoyou:

Hi..Yes it is available in chennai and service are too gud

Hi there, BBF users,

I saw Tikona Ad in Journal/News Paper today morning and gave a call to their customer care 1800-20-90044 and they told about the tariff:

FUL499/- First 100Mb -> 2MBPS rest 150 - 256 kbps [Aw i chose this plan cause i didn't want to waste my money on a newbie]

Then they said like: "One of our engineer will be visiting your house in next 48 hours usually for verification of ownership.. then after 48 hours they will install Tikona WBB if feasible installation will be done on the demo day itself [after 48 hours of verification]".

Then a slight messup by CC person, "NO sir, First they will show Demo ad check signal strength, then verify your identity.. again Verify, then demo....." I felt the team is obviously newbie as the company itself..:whistle:

500/- for installation and other documents need to be submitted at the time of installation , again CC person messed up saying "500/- will be charged on the bill, you gotta pay online every month and you also can drop Cheques and DD at collection centers" ... again came back to 500/- needs to be paid in one shot at the time of installation and all crappies...:iomg:

I see that in about 100 reviews about Tikona abruptly only 1 - 2 said good regarding them, the rest negative, i believe Tikona is as Crazy as BSNL Customer service???:huh: Any how i have kept Tikona on wait...

Now back to main point:
I gotta shift from BSNL BB, but i find Tikona's plans are cheap but reviews make me feel :wall:, cause i am lurking abruptly every look and corner of the internet searching for a better and cheap Internet service provider no-matter if the speeds are around 100 - 256 kbps [Inclusive of Download and upload and not like BSNl's BB 22 - 30 kbps]
Target as for now is only 500/- and not willing to pay more than that, cause i will be upgrading to higher plan depending upon the quality of service that i get from the ISP...

Please suggest me whether i have to go to Tikona or other....:huh:

The Plan which u want to opt for i.e FUL499 sounds gud 4 u cin ur requirements n i agree tikona provide cheaper tariffs bt i thnk also gud service.may b u should try again.
d process which dey followed when i took d connection was dat dey first checked whether my building is RFS(ready 4 service) den dey checked d signal strength at my home which was gud n den showed me d demo.
I paid dem a cheque of Rs.500 with the registration form which i filled after seein d demo.
I would suggest u to try tikona.

The most pathetic internet service I have ever used. I got the Tikona Wi-Broadband connection on 5th March 2010. I could not use the internet for even 15 mintues during the whole span of 10 days.

Even after 20 days of the installation, it has become my religious duty to call up Tikona Tech people to come and fix the connection but with no effect.

On top of it, their customer care is terrible.

I would suggest everyone not to go for Tikona BroadBand.

Sowmyanarayan

someone post speedtest and ping test results here on tikona ... pls put ping results of 111.119.212.202120.138.101.244220.226.181.82210.18.6.89

I am from Pune and i am using Tikona from Dec-2009. The ad and the promises given by Tikona people are really good. Even i was fallen in their TRAP. The speed was ok till Feb-2010. After that i started complaining about the speed and the problems faced by me. None of them heard and till date am facing the same problem. TO load google page it takes more than 10 mins. Remember my Broadband speed is 300kbps. The plan i have opted is FULL599 and the speed which i have to get is 300kbps. The next funniest thing is they are giving WIRELESS BROADBAND with the help of Wired MODEM. The wireless equipment is installed in my building on 8th floor and am staying in 3rd floor. Still it cant receive siganls. So to serve better, they have given me a wired MODEM to boost the speed. So those who read this review, i would suggest them NOT TO TAKE TIKONA. SPEED IS PATHETIC. From Feb-15 to till date (06-04-2010) my issues are not resolved. Even for getting connection, yesterday i had to wait for more than 30mins and to load Google i had to wait for more than 10mins. NEVER EVER TAKE TIKONA IN PUNE. Might be its good in other cities...But worst in pune.

Dear Mr. Nagesh,

Reference:
HDFC BANK
Chq Paid-TIKON DIGITAL NETWORKS
CHEQUE NO.-621424
DATE-15 Apr 2010
AMOUNT- Rs.500

I had applied for your internet connection service in Shastri Nagar, North Delhi Area-52.

Your representative came for the visit and told me that the connection can be installed and will work at my location. He asked for a cheque of Rs.500 which I gave in the name of 'Tikona Services'.

They had promised that the connection will be installed within 7 days. After several calls and reminders, a technical representative came after 14 days, only to tell me that my location is out of range, and that they will not able to do the installation.

He promised that my cheque will be duly returned.

I was told that Mr. Abhinav (M:9582797197) is the manager of this area for Tikona.

I called him up and was told that the cheque will duly be posted back to me.

Well, One month after, I checked my bank statement only to find that the cheque had been put into my bank and had got cleared!

Can you please answer the following-

1:) How much time did your company need to post the chque back to me, when you knew that the installation cannot be done.
2:) How did the cheque got posted in my bank, when your area manager had promised otherwise?
3:) Now that the cheque has wrongly been cleared, what should be the next action that I take?

Please reply me at the earliest, as I am quite furious at what has happened.

Regards
Ashish

You are right Tikona is the most fraud broadband company they have taken my money and since last 3 months they have not installed internet connection. When I ask for refund on toll free number they dont have any answer their billing department never contacts me and there is no person who can tell me what has happened about my refund. I would suggest Tikona that if they are in so desperate need for money then go and rob a bank but dont cheat public. All the Tikona people are MOTHER ****ER CROOKS. They like to you are ROB you money. NEVER GO FOR TIKONA. :notallowed:

I am getting speed boost time to time with my 150 KBps connection on my tikona bb here is the result

Getting upto 300kbps some time for few hours then after normal speed except that this isp sucks.

Back