Unlimited Gprs For Rs.200

• Thread starter Thread starter hitech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 12,822

hitech

News is that BSNL has announced a few days ago they will be offering unlimited GPRS for Rs.200 + basic cellone postpaid rental.I called BSNL customer service and they said that I can use that to connect to my PC! Even though I know I will be getting very low speeds, I just want to know exactly what speed anyone would be getting through BSNL GPRS when connected to a PC.Help.

i dont know exact speed but its awfully slowthaks

Airtel offers a negligible speed of 1.15 kbps on its gprs in my city. Surely BSNL won't be offering anything earth-shattering either.

the point remains, gprs is technically equipped to offer pretty decent speeds...

It can probably offer at max at best equivlent to a 64k connection.But pings and RTT are horrible for gprs.Rest are in the hands of provider like how much time-slots and coding used, again i assume that you have a class 10 gprs capable phone/pc card.Typically u can get 6kBps (+-1) in the best case.In Airtel gprs' case i get 6k at best and average 2-3k.Ask if they can provide EDGE,it offers almost 2.5 times speed of gprs.

QUOTE(Argus @ May 22 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]51976[/snapback]
Airtel offers a negligible speed of 1.15 kbps on its gprs in my city. Surely BSNL won't be offering anything earth-shattering either.
[/b]

I do not have any idea on GPRS.. but i hope you meant 1.15 Kilo bytes per sec.

I know of a trick that lets u browse internet pn PC via GPRS on airtel for free.....and i get speeds b/w 32-48 kbps.

QUOTE(boygr8 @ May 22 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]52006[/snapback]
I know of a trick that lets u browse internet pn PC via GPRS on airtel for free.....and i get speeds b/w 32-48 kbps.
[/b]

You're kidding?

No,he's not.Primary requirment is a multislot gprs device,which is not available in 50% of gprs phones.and im not sure if itll work in all circles.but i believe its not worth it even if its free.

I think Multislot GPRS is present in most phone....i have been using the trick with my cheap old Mot C350e

Back