Unlock G-2425G-A router running on latest firmware

• Thread starter Thread starter Rehan ahmad
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 167
  • Views Views 56,031
Note: Tested for Nokia router G-2425G-A running on firmware 3FE49362JJIJ50.

Use this script to decrypt your configuration file. This script has been updated for latest firmware (3FE49362JJIJ50).

Source

All the steps to decrypt the config files has been already discussed in other posts as well, kindly follow them.

1) After decrypting the config file, open the generated xml file in a text editor.
2) Search for TelnetSshAccount section and write username as ONTUSER and password as "anyrandompassword" (remember this password for future).
3) Enable ONTUSER to drop into busybox instead of vtysh by setting LimitAccount_ONTUSER to false. Go to LimitAccount_ONTUSER section and change that option to FALSE.
4) Encrypt the config file again using the same script and import in your router (remember to enable telnet in Security --> Access Control --> LAN).
5) Now use any tool to access telnet, I have used windows powershell (you can enable telnet in windows additional features).
6) In Windows PowerShell write; telnet --> o --> 192.168.1.1
Username: ONTUSER
Password: your password from STEP 2
7) Now in shell write ---> ritool set OperatorID ALCL

After this step you have enabled root access. Login to your router to check everything has been unlocked.

Now hard reset from back of the router is recommended to enable editing any WAN settings but before that remember to take a backup of your configuration and wan settings.

8) After hardreset the router's gateway will default to 192.168.1.254 and username and password will change to AdminGPON and ALC#FGU respectively.

I can see neighboring APs have no options to connect with them through the portal:-

Source

For the Mesh, the page looks like this:-

Source

Any instructions on this can help me better in trying those ways.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone pls kindly tell what is the default wifi password after unlocking the router? My laptop doesnt have a lan port so not able to connect. THe wifi SSID is ALHN-2f-5 Thanks

PS: the password has to be encrypted ('admin' in below example)and add field as shown below
<Password ml="64" rw="RW" t="string" v="OYdLWUVDdKQTPaCIeTqniA==" ealgo="ab"></Password>

Secondly keep the file name as config.cfg of the packed file to ensureupload

+++++
i am unable to upload the new config, The import button on click goes white and no remarks are shown next to button after selecting newly encrypted file.
Device Name
G-2425G-A
Vendor
Nokia
Hardware Version
3FE48299DEAC
Boot Version
U-Boot-Dec-31-2016--12:00:00
Software Version
3FE49362JJIJ54

before exporting config from router
4) Encrypt the config file again using the same script and import in your router (remember to enable telnet in Security --> Access Control --> LAN).

before encrypting the config, followed below steps
2) Search for TelnetSshAccount section and write username as ONTUSER and password as "anyrandompassword" (remember this password for future).
3) Enable ONTUSER to drop into busybox instead of vtysh by setting LimitAccount_ONTUSER to false. Go to LimitAccount_ONTUSER section and change that option to FALSE.

am i missing something

Last edited:
I've managed to unlock my ONT with the guide, thanks! But when I enable bridge mode, it's not linking connection. I tried PPPoE on my OpenWRT router & PC. It never worked and always showed either User_Request_Error or Connection Failed on my OpenWRT. On PC it showed "failed to connect."

Any workarounds?

Back