Unlock G-2425G-A router running on latest firmware

• Thread starter Thread starter Rehan ahmad
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 167
  • Views Views 56,032
Note: Tested for Nokia router G-2425G-A running on firmware 3FE49362JJIJ50.

Use this script to decrypt your configuration file. This script has been updated for latest firmware (3FE49362JJIJ50).

Source

All the steps to decrypt the config files has been already discussed in other posts as well, kindly follow them.

1) After decrypting the config file, open the generated xml file in a text editor.
2) Search for TelnetSshAccount section and write username as ONTUSER and password as "anyrandompassword" (remember this password for future).
3) Enable ONTUSER to drop into busybox instead of vtysh by setting LimitAccount_ONTUSER to false. Go to LimitAccount_ONTUSER section and change that option to FALSE.
4) Encrypt the config file again using the same script and import in your router (remember to enable telnet in Security --> Access Control --> LAN).
5) Now use any tool to access telnet, I have used windows powershell (you can enable telnet in windows additional features).
6) In Windows PowerShell write; telnet --> o --> 192.168.1.1
Username: ONTUSER
Password: your password from STEP 2
7) Now in shell write ---> ritool set OperatorID ALCL

After this step you have enabled root access. Login to your router to check everything has been unlocked.

Now hard reset from back of the router is recommended to enable editing any WAN settings but before that remember to take a backup of your configuration and wan settings.

8) After hardreset the router's gateway will default to 192.168.1.254 and username and password will change to AdminGPON and ALC#FGU respectively.

hello anyone helps me i am facing error

PS C:\Users\The Lost Gaming Club\Desktop> python Nokia.py -d OYdLWUVDdKQTPaCIeTqniA==
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\The Lost Gaming Club\Desktop\nokia.py", line 221, in <module>
print('\ndecrypted: ' + RouterCrypto().decrypt(base64.b64decode(sys.argv[2])).decode('UTF-8') + '\n')
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\Users\The Lost Gaming Club\Desktop\nokia.py", line 50, in init
from Crypto.Cipher import AES
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Crypto'

PS C:\Users\The Lost Gaming Club\Desktop> pip install pycryptodome
Requirement already satisfied: pycryptodome in c:\users\the lost gaming club\appdata\local\programs\python\python311\lib\site-packages (3.18.0)

PS C:\Users\The Lost Gaming Club\Desktop> pip install pycryptodome
Requirement already satisfied: pycryptodome in c:\users\the lost gaming club\appdata\local\programs\python\python311\lib\site-packages (3.18.0)

@sanketrohilla Try using pip3 instead of pip, as you are already using python 3 instead of python 2.x

@Rehan ahmad It appears Airtel has upgraded the firmware. It is new connection, so new router and my router currently runs 3FE49362JJIJ54. The config file was decrypted, edited, encrypted and then imported. However, I am unable to use the password I set during the ONTUSER's password step. It keeps saying incorrect password. I tried repeating the entire process and changing to a different simple password and it was rejected as well. Unsure if it is caused by the firmware update. Thought I would let you know. Thank you for all the help you have provided thus far.

Edit: I was wrong. This seems to work for the latest firmware as well. I was required to enable to the Telnet SSH Account in the xml file as well by changing the false value to true. I seem to have overlooked that.

Last edited:
I have unlocked the router, Can I use it as a repeater by connecting to my primary router wirelessly? It lists neighboring AP (Access Points) but does not provide any option to connect with them. (I can't connect my two routers with an ethernet cable as I need to set them up on two different floors).

I already have the updated version of firmware having the option to mesh, I am trying to put the serial number of the router into Beacon serial number field but it's not working, Do I need to convert my secondary router into a beacon? Any documentation or leads on this will be helpful.

Thanks.

Back