Unstable speed and high ping

• Thread starter Thread starter deepakjgb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 9,278
^ It has nothing to do with cable laying. I used to have ping even lower than yours (150 ping to EU and 40 ping to SG). The same day my ULD1091 plan came to effect the ping has ALWAYS been close to 300 consistently in spite of numerous router reboots. Other users on 1091 seem to be facing the same issue. Its obvious the dirty crooks at bsnl are forcing all 1091 plan users on a congested gateway.

^ It has nothing to do with cable laying. I used to have ping even lower than yours (150 ping to EU and 40 ping to SG). The same day my ULD1091 plan came to effect the ping has ALWAYS been close to 300 consistently in spite of numerous router reboots. Other users on 1091 seem to be facing the same issue. Its obvious the dirty crooks at bsnl are forcing all 1091 plan users on a congested gateway.

I'm one of those CS1091 users
I managed to head to the exchange, meet the sub divisional engineer who handles the area my connection is in, and I got them to manually rewire my line onto a different switch in their line termination room, and then reassign the port I'm routed through to their central b-ras (elsewhere in the city) from the dslam in the exchange.

In short I'm now getting IPs in the 117.x.x.x range, with much better consistency in pings and speed. The actual ping isn't much better though, I get around 120ms to the SingTel server on speedtest.net.

Better than before though [emoji14]

I'm one of those CS1091 users
I managed to head to the exchange, meet the sub divisional engineer who handles the area my connection is in, and I got them to manually rewire my line onto a different switch in their line termination room, and then reassign the port I'm routed through to their central b-ras (elsewhere in the city) from the dslam in the exchange.

In short I'm now getting IPs in the 117.x.x.x range, with much better consistency in pings and speed. The actual ping isn't much better though, I get around 120ms to the SingTel server on speedtest.net.

Better than before though [emoji14]
Like is said, i had 232 ping ingame on france servers two weeks back! Then, for the past 15 days there wasnt internet connectivity at my place due to chennai floods. Yesterday, they took a line from a neighbouring area and connected at my place. My PING SUCKS :(((( Now i get 400ms ingame on France servers :(( My IP is still in the 117.x.x range but my ping suckss!! Any help? :(

Like is said, i had 232 ping ingame on france servers two weeks back! Then, for the past 15 days there wasnt internet connectivity at my place due to chennai floods. Yesterday, they took a line from a neighbouring area and connected at my place. My PING SUCKS :(((( Now i get 400ms ingame on France servers :(( My IP is still in the 117.x.x range but my ping suckss!! Any help? :(
Post some traceroutes to those servers, let's see where bsnl is taking you.

Thx, i sorted it out :) It seems some IP ranges use a different gateway through which packets travel through long routes to reach a destination. However other IP ranges use a different gateway where there are less hops between my PC and destination server.
All i had to do was restart the router, until i get those good IP ranges. (117.2xx.....)
Now, on server list, i get 175ms for france servers. And 215 ingame due to packet loss and stuff. Almost all my bullets hit the target :)

215 ping and still hitting your target, what FPS are you playing dude:)

Lel, i said almost XD I play Bad company 2..there are no asian servers both on EA or on ROME.
I experienced lots of mis-hit detection on 250 ping. But on 215, everything is fine :)

My ping was within 30 when I was on 845 plan. But after changing to the new 1091 plan, my ping is constantly over 200 nd ruining my online games.

Happening with me too. well i am from Karnataka. which is a t border of maharastra and having 250ms ping to mumbai in csgo servers which is just 350km away while on speedtest.net i get 30ms on pune servers. :0 i have no options in my city except that bsnl and i am so sticked to it. its too bad. you won't get good speeds on speedtest until its bsnl server. ;0 they eat money and this problem started since modi came.

Back