Utstarcom Bridge Mode Configuration And Automatic Router Reboot

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 45,809
ok refer to the earlier method for connection using the batch file.Now instead of using the simple RAS dial command..create a new text file and post the foll. lines of code into it.@ECHO OFF:loopEcho Trying to Dial your connection.........rasdial DSLname username passwordif NOT %ERRORLEVEL% ==0 goto failedExit:failedclsEcho Failed to connect....will retrygoto loopwhere u just have to replace dslname with the exact name of ur connection and add the username and password after it. Save it as bat extension then Schedule this bat file to run thru windows scheduler.THis code will make rasdial dial the connection till it gets a successful connection.

Thanks a ton, man. You've been of great help. Did you write that program yourself?

Dear CyberwizIs bridge mode possible at mumbai also. I have tried your solution exactly the way you have described yet I get error 678 in the xp broadband dialer connection.Pl adviseIf it is possible in mumbai, then i will give you all the screenshots how i am creating the connections in the modem (D-Link glb-502t) and in windows xp.

bridge mode can be implemented anywhere coz its a function of the router. U can post screenshots of the changes that u have made to the settings and i will try & find where u r goin wrong.

You are getting the same error that I used to get. Use the above piece of code to create a program for you that will keep dialing your connection until you're connected. Then you can schedule that .bat file to run at any time by using windows scheduler etc.

Well , here I am to configure automated reboot on my router but things aint working out as mentioned in the tutorial ... I've been :wall: since past 4 days to be precise :mad: .... plzzz help me now ....! I want this priced box to reboot .... first I followed the D-Link tutorial like a dumb neitizen and found out later there is even alternative UT Starcom reboot script in Pppoe mode . Ok now prob is I have implemented the script mentioned in this thread and scheduled the router as asked ....but the damn thing gets stuck on " Login : " prompt ...here is the SS of it ....Darn !! How to insert da image now ... :whistle:.... Any ways I 'll paste issue here ... I hope ppl get it ..------------------------------------------------------------------------ ******************* Welcome to Vulcan *******************Conexant Inc., Software Release R100B02.7AS.MCopyright (c) 2001-2003 by Conexant, Inc.login: -------------------------------------------------------------------------Thats it ppl .... Now , even I can manually reboot it ritewww !! But wht abt the automated rebooot .... :@ Not really Angry but jst ...rescue me for gods sake somebody . Will appreciate much needed help . Peace Out !! Live Green !! THnk U !Is there an alternate script ??? .... I should have learn 't scripting and scheduling the shell instead of Networking ... :hysterical:

My modem type is UT300R2U and i have my dataone home 250 configured.

Actually my setup is "Always-On" type so i tried to change to dial-up mode as given in this forum manual but i messed it up.

Now when i type http://192.168.1.1 in my address bar i get "Page Not Found" error in my browser.

Now how should i proceed ? I didnt reset my modem yet since it may restore some factory settings.

Please help.:hysterical:

Well... the last time when I screwed up my modem settings, I did a factory reset and then the modem's web interface started again. And it does not actually change much of the settings. It infact retained my connection settings also (if i am not wrong)...Anyways to do a factory reset, you have to switch off your modem, then press and hold the RESET button for 7 seconds and at the same time switch on the modem.

Back