Vi allowing prepaid to postpaid conversion through OTP without sim change

• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 13,806
@Lolita_Magnum
Yes. I have 2 Vi no. 1st one is inside a router at home and used only for data - used to recharge 418 every 56 days for 100 GB data with rollover benefits for my daughter's online school, now that schools have reopened, just recharge with 118 every 28 days for 12 GB data, plus rolled on old data. 2nd one is my secondary SIM. Recharged once with 418 to get 100 GB data and then recharge with 99 only every 28 days. The unused data and unused secondary balance keeps rolling over, and is available for use in case of any emergency or at locations where other networks are poor.

Last edited:
rJRqgUU.webp

But what if you are not using the above service and are simply an old postpaid user and want to switch to prepaid? Then, either visit their store or request a port code and fight with their retention time where they will probably agree to put you on prepaid.

is this thing currently valid...they are asking for delivery details...does it mean that new sim will be delivered.....old sim wont work...??

Prepaid to postpaid now requires something they call "for security". In this case you can't port to prepaid from postpaid without visiting the store and having valid documents.

yes just now confirmed from customer care....it will be porting process where a new sim will be delivered and you need to generate porting code....so no more conversion without changing the sim from prepaid to postpaid

I mentioned about postpaid to prepaid.

The prepaid to postpaid without SIM change still works but if your previous KYC is not proper (incomplete) or your SIM card is way too old.

Then you would need a new SIM.

no.....my sim is one month old...and my kyc is ekyc so no issues in that....i just contacted customer care and according to them...this one click conversion has been withdrwan....now u have to port from vi prepaid to postapid and a new sim will be delivered........as I placed a order and executive came to my house.....he showed his app that only mnp option now available....so I called customer care and they gave me this info

If your connection is only 1 month old then you need to wait 60 days to complete the 90 days requirement to port to postpaid.

Just moved to eSIM on VIL; was simple and hassle-free. You send a request via SMS; they televerify and you get the QR code in your registered email, overall barely a 2 minutes process.

As @minuteman said if your sim is just 1 month old then you can't do it with OTP. Wait for 90 days or do it Via store or get home delivery.

@Lolita_Magnum heard a lot about hastles on ESIM with Jio & Airtel. This review was helpful thanks.

Back