Video Streaming on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter mangoboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,406

mangoboy

ISP
MTNL
guys this is my first post here so pls be kind iam on MTNL DSL_555 UL plan. iam supposed to get 1mbps speeds from 10 pm to 8 pm. my problem is altho m getting good dload speeds, i cant watch videos (of even 10minutes length) without getting paused every 2 seconds.I thought 1mbps was good enough to stream videos or should i get a better connection ?? thanks in advance

depends on website u r watching the videos on and also what quality videos. if u r watching HQ quality then 1mbps wudnt be sufficient.check with speedtest.net if u r getting expected speeds.

i hv tried youtube,megavideo etc but all are the same, n i am talking about 360p videos not HD/hq... speedtest shows that i get around .90 mbps. Also download speed is fine,i get around 110 kbps . Its only streaming that's giving me issues :( (and this when i watch 10 minutes videos)

i am also having 1mbps mtnl line. can not wath streaming video properly. actually mtnl speed highly fluctuate. test at pingtest.net that really test connection suitability for multimedia...that require static speed.i have just applied for airtel 4mbps 30gb free connection (Rs 1399) in Delhi. Fade up with MTNL pathetic services.

Different youtube videos are encoded at different bitrates. 1 mbps is generally not suitable for youtube streaming. You need 2 mbps for having a consistent experience.

Boss I was having 512kbps airtel connection earlier and able to watch the your tube video...fade up with MTNL and today applied for 4mbps connection..

tx for the replies every one but i think 1 mbps is enuf for watching videos of 360p that too of 10miutes length many of my frnds' using 1mbps connection are able to .... :(

i have just applied for airtel 4mbps 30gb free connection (Rs 1399) in Delhi. Fade up with MTNL pathetic services.

4mbps in Rs 1399 per month??? how's that possible??

ook. this looks like a new plan. i hope they have not killed the 150GB 1999 plan.

Back