Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 52,002
No they wont be able to give. Coz when it rains, there is temporary disruption. And still if they make that excuse, then u can always say "My complain is still pending. Do not close it." They have to always satisfy ur complaint to ur satisfaction. And if they do close it, u can always register new complain!80% is too low really, that too for an HD DVR!

Software Display desing achha hai. At beginning customers were given much dislikes to the display but it looks nice now. Dont know did they changed the design after any s/w upgrade / not

I guess its a software update thing. May be you too would get that after updates.

I think he told that only.....that design looks good after update.

so just now the d2h technician had came. he came without signal meter,when i told him where it is,especially when i had mentioned in the call centre,he told he had installed 8000 dishes without it and he is an expert without the need of it. then i showed him the signal quality,he said "i am getting the best signal quality possible" and it is futile to hope anything more.i told him i have seen with my eyes ppl getting 100 % quality. he said 80% is the max(looking at me,as i was from some alien world) and refused to even check out the dish alignment. and called his superior about my "absurd demand of 100 %". i talked to his superior who will be sending another guy,i will keep updating.p.s: when i was staying in andheri lokhandwala,there d2h ppl used to come well mannered,educated and in proper d2h uniforms,but here in thane, ppl come dressed as local goons,talking in tapori language and ill mannered. i think they must have outsourced the technical part to some local agency.

They think they have installed 8000 Antenna, so they are smart enough to make fool of new user. d2h Officers sud realize that its bcoz of these lazy engineers, People are getting comparatively lower quality PQ and its ruining their reputation.Antenna Installation wud be 1st and last major work which these guys do and we pay them so huge amount for Installation, then why sud we compromise on it. Never . Keep Updating :)

Actually early I shifting to new Flat & dish tv engineer came & install the dish manually & no any satellite finder. I think they just want complete their work easily & without hard work & other thing is Dish tv uses DD signal so Dish cant get 100% strength because it compulsory that is you want to watch a tv by dth you need at least more than 60% signal quality of that satellite. Thats why Dish tv set it to below 90% & DD's more than 60% signals. I request him that try to catch about 99% signal strength but he told me that it not possible & dish can catch upto 90% signal then I guess it is important for DD's signal otherwise No DD just dish tv. True na

I think thats why they manually install their dish & no need any satellite finder along with them ;)

----------

After this wrote this reply I too get that maybe TS is better than Dish tv because of strength problem but its Dish Tv's fault & other thing is that Dish tv doesn't want to loose DD for FTA. Thats it.

----------

@ I M

Actually D2H engineer installed D2H dish with satellite finder & still there is Bad quality of picture. very strange na.

now other guy came with the signal meter. he tried aligning every angle and spent 10-15 mins adjusting it. now the result i get is variable signal quality,max is 99 % to 90 % min. also since i have hd zapper which comes with 65 cm dish,so he was telling in hd dvr with 90 cm dish,you get 100% quality constant. in 65 cm dish,he said it is extremely rare to get 100 %,and that's the max he can do.

i am attaching the screenshots of the variable signal quality.

here's the max one

and next second

----------

my current download id is 8 and while going through the thread,i had read somewhere the current d/l id is 21,so maybe updating it may bring changes in signal quality.

I think if 99 does stay for majority of time, then its still decent. But yeah Download ID of 8 is too low. Keep ur STB "ON", everyday for as long as possible. Many of petty issues and even clarity issues will get solved.In the beginning i had a few jarring issues. Picture wud get stuck for a split second & then it wud break into "Pieces". The engineer told me to not to switch off the STB & let it update. And after that update, the issue was solved.So its not signal quality issue, but the faulty software sometimes spoils ur viewing experience.

Back