Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 52,002
Ur issue clearly looks to be related to ur STB. With the same dish of SD connection, u r still getting better picture than before. So chances are, ur STB had some fault in it.

now other guy came with the signal meter. he tried aligning every angle and spent 10-15 mins adjusting it. now the result i get is variable signal quality,max is 99 % to 90 % min. also since i have hd zapper which comes with 65 cm dish,so he was telling in hd dvr with 90 cm dish,you get 100% quality constant. in 65 cm dish,he said it is extremely rare to get 100 %,and that's the max he can do.

i am attaching the screenshots of the variable signal quality.

----------

my current download id is 8 and while going through the thread,i had read somewhere the current d/l id is 21,so maybe updating it may bring changes in signal quality.

So, did you find any improvement in Picture Quality after getting higher Quality Strength or its same like before ??

now other guy came with the signal meter. he tried aligning every angle and spent 10-15 mins adjusting it. now the result i get is variable signal quality,max is 99 % to 90 % min. also since i have hd zapper which comes with 65 cm dish,so he was telling in hd dvr with 90 cm dish,you get 100% quality constant. in 65 cm dish,he said it is extremely rare to get 100 %,and that's the max he can do.

i am attaching the screenshots of the variable signal quality.

here's the max one

and next second

----------

my current download id is 8 and while going through the thread,i had read somewhere the current d/l id is 21,so maybe updating it may bring changes in signal quality.

is tht SD or HD box?

mascot,there's a marginal improvement in the hd quality,that too if you observe very carefully.jaymin,i never switch off the stb,only the tv. yup updating of download id will bring changes.karthik: saw your posts man,really you are in a very tough spot,hope your prob gets solved soon

Ok so thats good! Whenever the update slot is fixed by them, we all will get updates. And urs will be a massive one!! ur issues will be solved with that update.

In last 2 days I had noticed almost all channels and Audio of all channels had been improved drastically. I had to lower the BASS of my Sound System. :)Yes PQ too seems to be improved as its not raining since last 2 days and I am getting both Signals 100%. So overall its gonna be gr8 now.

in some channels which have the second audio option as "unknown dolby digital" when i enable it on my tv(it does not have external surround sound system) it produces a pseudo surround sound and pretty large volume. but when i change the channel and return to it,the sound option comes back to default(that's he first option english).is there any way to save the lang preferences for a particular channel?

When I am trying to select that Unknown Dolby Digital, sound goes OFF. Even I am looking for option to set language preference permanently. Lets try and post the results.

the sound shouldn't go off. considering your t.v. set is a pretty expensive one,it should produce gr8 sound in dolby digital.ur stb is hd zapper or dvr??

Back