Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 52,001
May be they are aware of the fact that i had once taken my issue to TRAI. So they atleast respond soon! :D

Ok. I got a call from the Noida office just now. that fellow hadnt understood the matter written in the email clearly. So he asked me to do everything - go to a Star HD Channel, press "i", then press yellow button, select Dolby, and press OK. I didnt do these stuff, but told him that i did & didnt get the audio. After that he understood the problem!Then he said that may be my TV doesnt support Dolby sound. I said another user too is facing a similar issue, most probably has Dolby support in TV. After that he agreed to send an engineer to my place to check the problem.So in that meantime, i will just check up if my TV supports Dolby or not.

Come on buddy, yours is 42" LED TV and now a days all such high end LEDs support Dolby Digital.Regarding " Unknown Dolby Digital " Issue, had words with the local engineer and gt proper answer for it. This issue is known to d2h technical team. They are working on it. There is some mismatch between composite ports which will be rectified in next software update.I found his reasons correct and sud expect it to be corrected after next update.By the meantime let that engineer come to your place and cross check with him abt the current version of " Download ID " and if newer update is available process to get it .

Ok. Ur reason looks lot more logical. And i am actually searching for it,just so that the engineer doesnt try to pass the buck to my TV. I have some proof u c. And this time the chances are that when he arrives, i wont be at home. So i need to see where its specifically mentioned & inform my parents accordingly.

@ JayminI told you my D2H download ID is 18 but actually its 39 & I still didnt contiue to subscription yaar. 39 is strange?

@IM

Can u confirm to how the check latest Download id.... I am new to that

Its Menu ---> Setup ---> Product Data

Mine Download ID : 20

39 is surely strange. then i guess the ID is different for SD boxes atleast.

----------

Just 15-20 mins after that call from Noida office ended, i got a call from local engineer. To begin with, he said "U need to reset the STB!" then i said, many other are facing this issue. So he promised to contact me after he consulted his senior. And within 5 minutes he reverted & gave the same response that Mascot had got.......an update wud fix the problem.

But i still dont understand why that guy is always after resetting my STB!! :|

Oh & btw, my TV does support Dolby Digital over HDMI. Just checked its manual available online.

But i still dont understand why that guy is always after resetting my STB!! :|

lol :icon_rofl:

----------

Oh & btw, my TV does support Dolby Digital over HDMI. Just checked its manual available online.

I told you bro. Dolby is so common now a days that even Nornal LED which are only HD ready have this feature. :)

Funny enuf thing happened today......after all the above discussion, just about at 9:15 or 9:30 PM, i got a call from the area head of D2h. Dont know why he needed to contact me after the engineer had already clarified the position.In the call, he first said (Obviously in Hindi) "That Dolby feed isnt being received by D2h from the broadcaster, so how can u get it on ur TV?"I said, "But i know few people, who are HD Zapper users, and are getting the audio."He said "No question of that. Its impossible. We arent getting feeds only!"I said, "Ok, u give me ur email address, i will forward u the link where people are telling that they are able to get the Dolby Audio."He now changed his stand, "I think u will need to buy a device that will be able to process the Dolby Audio & u will be able to hear it"I said "But then how come HD Zapper users are getting the audio, without any such device?"He said, "Ok what did u discuss with the engineer when he called u up?" (AB AAYA NA OONT PAHAAD KE NICHE!!)I said, "He told me that this is complaint with all DVR users, and that it will be resolved after the software is updated."He said, "Ok, so that is the thing! May be my senior wud not have given this information to me. Ok, then wait for the update, u shud get the audio"Now i said very innocently, with the sense of victory, "Do u know when is the update scheduled"He said, "Oh i dont have any idea of that as well. My senior hasnt given that information also"Total checkmate!! I cudnt stop feeling pity on him & laughing on him - he created an issue which had been clarified for the time being, and then he himself lost in that conversation! I was watching Singham and he came as a disturbance in between. Had to pause it all this while!

Back