Videocon d2h HD Channels Pics and Review Mega Thread !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 163
  • Views Views 59,307
U wont get that same size Dish for HD or SD boxes. Even for HD DVR, u need to double check with them as to what size dish they give. May be u can insist with them that u want a large dish, since rains in Mumbai can get really worse! :)

yup bro.. I checked with them. They are only offering 60 cm dish . Even though I told them I am ready to pay 12 month advance under your scheme then too. I checked with neighbor in adjacent building who is using D2h for past 1.5 years. I told me that quality of dish is effected in Rains. He is using SD Box - small dish. We all know how is mumbai rains and in suburban areas its is always heavy for atleast 3-4 months in year. . I suppose if such is situation I shall opt for local operator providing YOU SCOD box in 1200. I dont wana be disturbed by slight drizzle of rain.

I've seen in many forums that people never suffer distortion in case of ADTV and Tata Sky...I'm not sure if that's true.The only advantage of getting bigger antenna is even in rain signal will be good enough to view without distortion.

^^^^It is the same technology dude. U cant have a Western Digital making Hard drives with Petabytes of storage & consuming power just as much as of a cellphone, while the Seagates & the all making Hard drives with a few Terabytes of storage & consuming more power.

Hi,I stay in Pune and thinking of buying Videocon HD DVR. Have got few questions on PQ and signal strength:1. About PQ of HD channels- I read somewhere that HD channel quality what videocon claims is not really HD. Want to hear from actual users here. I have 42 inches TV and expecting very good HD, if not SD2. Availability - Are these channels available all the time without any major and frequent downtimes?3. Anyone here from Pune - can you comment on signal strength? hows it? Also, technician who comes for installation - are they good enough?Main reason why I want Videocon - its giving all the HD+SD channels + sports channels in their premium pack. others like Tata Sky dont give HD sports channels even in their premium packs.Any inputs will help.

Hi,

I stay in Pune and thinking of buying Videocon HD DVR. Have got few questions on PQ and signal strength:

1. About PQ of HD channels- I read somewhere that HD channel quality what videocon claims is not really HD. Want to hear from actual users here. I have 42 inches TV and expecting very good HD, if not SD
2. Availability - Are these channels available all the time without any major and frequent downtimes?
3. Anyone here from Pune - can you comment on signal strength? hows it? Also, technician who comes for installation - are they good enough?

Main reason why I want Videocon - its giving all the HD+SD channels + sports channels in their premium pack. others like Tata Sky dont give HD sports channels even in their premium packs.

Any inputs will help.

Hi, I assume that you are talking about Dish TV, who claims to provide several HD channels, but in reality do not have any true HD channels or hardly few. Videocon D2H has 22 true HD channels with 1080i resolution, and around 8 among them with 5.1 channel audio. I have not yet faced any downtime in their HD service, except partial disruption during heavy rains.

Got installed the d2h hd today on LG 32lm6200..HD channels looks fabulous.. SD have same grains.. getting 100% signal strengh but around 70-80% quality.. I am using concealed wiring for tv connection.. quality was almost same if they plugged directly or joined with concealed connection.. They should give all the channels as HD and remove SDs :D

:p Everyone wants that. But then, for that v shud buy all channels, spend for converting them to hd, and then, have our own dth brand! :p :D

Kash ye possible hota :D but really I am coming from cable tv STB so HD channels are just eye candy.. Yesterday was watching Avatar on movies now HD with 2d->3d convertion.. just awsm..

Welcome to the "HD is amazing, how come I didn't think of it earlier?" club! :DBtw, hope that u have atleast a 5.1 channel speaker setup, and u r able to get dolby sound as well!

Back