Videocon d2h HD Channels Pics and Review Mega Thread !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 163
  • Views Views 59,307
To an extent, i think their contention is believable. Since i too have a long wire, and 1 of the 2 bars is not 100% for me. But its that close then, and am getting superb viewing experience.

I am having an 18 m long wire, with a splitter with a secondary connection for a different room, which is another 12 m in length (and only one STB). I am getting 80% signal strength and great picture quality in both the rooms.

Guys I will be getting a hd DVR box soon...just want one clarification...will it be able to record a program for a particular time of 1 hour for 2 months straight...suppose the box is switched of around noon..I want to record program suppose at 10 pm..so if the box is powered on before 10pm will it be still able to record pre-scheduled program...please reply in details.

Box shud be connected to ur power source & it shud have the inputs connected. As far as 1 month is concerned, that shud not be an issue. Even in old DVRs we set such schedules. Only problem was, due to some bug, everything wud get wiped off after 20-25 days on its own - all schedules, all series recordings......But i dont think that shud be an issue with the new one.

Hi GuysI am new to this website. I am from mumbai looking to buy Dish Antena bt I am confused between Vediocon D2H , Dish TV, Airtel and Tata Sky . Considering the Mumbai Rains effect on picture Quality and Customer care. Which one is better. Pls help me friends. ThanksSiddharth

Currently D2h is the best available player, followed by Airtel. The only downside with Airtel is that they give ads even on home screen or ur info bars!

since you are also from mumbai, does heavy rains effects the picture quality or audio quality in Dish . What is your experience in Vediocon and airtel , since you are using both I suppose.

I have d2h HD DVR, and it was with a wide 90 cm dish. So during very heavy rains, especially which start suddenly, there is a minor disruption for 3-5 minutes, which gets restored very immediately. And that is the drawback for all DTH players. Btw, i have used on Videocon & not Airtel. I shared that fact about Airtel which has been said by the users of Airtel in this forum.

U wont get that same size Dish for HD or SD boxes. Even for HD DVR, u need to double check with them as to what size dish they give. May be u can insist with them that u want a large dish, since rains in Mumbai can get really worse! :)

Back