Vodafone Idea & Airtel AGR Fiasco

• Thread starter Thread starter pothi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 28,967
This is bad news, though I am currently a Jio subscriber (and a former Vodafone and Idea subscriber) a duopoly doesn't bode well for us customers.

And yeah, one more company to get affected is You Broadband, a subsidiary of VFI India.

I bet there's gonna be just 3 operators. Jio, Airtel and BSNL. That's exactly what the market needs. It's sad that VIL will be exiting the market, but it looks like this problem was on them after all. They were gaming the system back then, and now the system is gaming them. Airtel won't be able to bid for 5G spectrum after paying the dues for another 5 years. Jio is having the advantage here as they have to pay just 13 crores, which is more or less, spare change for them.
What ever it be monopoly or duopoly I hope tariffs remain some what affordable from Jio and Airtel since these two networks going to get lot of customers from VIL.

If I had enough money like say Adani... then I would launch my mobile services now (assuming Vodafone would exit).

Vodafone would definitely leave lots of subscribers porting out (forced port out) and not everyone would want Jio or Airtel. If given a choice they would switch to 3rd operator.

Adani could take over Vodafone towers. So he has readily available network setup. Plus he has good (and direct) connection in Government to make things easy for him.

Plus whatever advantage JIO took, the same would be available to him too.

PS: I am not talking about buying Vodafone as a whole but just their assets and "ready" staff. (So as not to get their debt too)

I wonder what will happen when all the Vodafone subscribers (incase they shut down) join Airtel or Jio. Networks will get even more congested!

Back