What phone should i get from usa??

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 9,287
500 dollars for a samsung branded smartphone? no freaking way. even if its their latest android smartphone. its a samsung. it's probably not worth it.

now since i have to allocate more money to get a decent phone then i think a phone without gps is not good enough for this price and Galaxy has no gps so its a no for me. btw admin do u use gps on nexus one wat service and wat are the charges???, on Nokia its free for lifetime now.

Samsung Galaxy S launches in Europe, hitting US 'later this year' -- Engadget

it is a high end phone. it has GPS!

as for nexus one... motorola milestone is on sale in india. motorola sells it with maps for india. free service.

on the nexus one, i could not find any free gps app :(

google maps navigation works without voice directions. but you need constant data connectivity. it works fine though. i got an aircel connection just for their unlimited data pack (100 bucks per month)... not very fast but it works :)

I know Samsung doesnt have the best reputation when it comes to build quality,etc in case of high end phones, but they are always high on features. I have an omnia 2(i8000) n i havent had any problems yet ( 6months +). It has survived falls with little damage.what other phone gives you 720+ rec/playback/HDMI port for connecting with HDTV/ Super AMOLED screen (the AMOLED on my omnia2 itself looks gorgeous, famously not so in direct sunlight, though)/ 4 " CApacitive Display/ etc. It was a risk buying a high end "Samsung" phone, but i think it paid off, and samsung is probably getting better in the mobile sector. Not to mention it ranks 1 in the mobile sales business worldwide ( or so i've read).

samsung is actually the dominating company in the OEM market. they provide displays for pretty much everything... they are also huge in the memory market. a lot of components inside an iPhone are manufactured by them. but i personally have never liked their products. :) just a personal opinion. :(

Btw phone looks stylish to me.....lemme tak a look in d market...who knws may be.......

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Btw admin i really knw nothin about android so pls temm me if Galaxy is droid 2.1 and 2.1 is released will it be updated to 2.2???

i cannot say about samsung. they are in a PR mess with one of their older phones. it was launched with 1.5. people were promised the 2.0 update. but the company later announced that 1.6 would be the last update it would get.

they are however likely to upgrade 2.0, 2.1 editions to 2.2 because not much has changed in these updates wrt hardware capabilities.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

here is the story about that phone issue. Samsung Behold II fails to fulfill Android 2.0 promise, jilted users contemplating lawsuit (video) -- Engadget

Back