When will BSNL launch new broadband plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter sanketindia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 467
  • Views Views 63,875

sanketindia

ISP
reliance
hi Guys,
Its frustrating that BSNL is yet to launch truly unlimited 1/2/4 Mbps plans for < 1500Rs. Its perpetually offering 512Kbps speeds from last 4-5 years. Not only that, they are not even offering speed boost say after 6pm like MTNL does. Its not only about downloading torrents. Even if i want to watch Youtube files, I am not able to with 512kbps. They should start offering speed boost to 2/4Mbps at 6pm to 8am slot if offering the same at daytime is not possible. What can we do in this situation ? Can we all raise a CRM ticket at selfcare portal to demand this ?
Sanket.

And do they have official twitter

For last few years i have been asking the same. As i said in a reply , BSNL has been sucked dry by politicians and ineffeceint management , also note almost half of their profit are given as salary, making expansion hard.
There was a news that BSNL got some massive fund for expansion , but dont know when they will come into effect .
But given the trend elsewhere(US to be particular) , they are riding the status quo and propagating the fact MASS is quite comfortable with the available plans. TBH , many people i know who uses BSNL or any internet service rarely cross their limit. Its like a closed loop , people dont exceed the limit , because its been fixed , ISP dont change the plan because people dont use beyond the given limit.
Only way out is technology demanding higher speeds. skype , needs a minimum of 512kbps , just think , what if it needs 1mbps as min ? Many people will be forced to ask ISP to upgrade.
IIRC , Hyderabad BSNL is giving great plans. I have mailed them regarding this , but they keep saying we have 4/8/16mbps plans , but they are not considering the FUP.
Lets hope they come up with new plans , but i think its unlikely.. :(

man god knows really , if bsnl goes like this we have no other choice to move to other isp's as soon as possible, why they have not take the initiative to launch 10mbps or more plans such like that with prices affordable...all across india with cheaper prices

BSNL Is becoming joke ...I also wonder if i can get new tarrif for 2014 with atleast 2 mbps unlimited but...................Corruption

There are some things to like about BSNL - It is not a joke. In Bangalore it is pretty much 'the' most reliable ISP and a very good billing system. I can understand, no one would be happy with 512kbps, I am not as well - but as far as reliability goes, BSNL is the best over here. There is Airtel and ACT broadband in my neighborhood which have much cheaper plans and who offer much better speeds but ask the guys who uses them - Once down - you simply don't know what to do. BSNL - In the 3 years I have used here, it's been been down for a combined period of 12 hours at max, that's how good it is.
I am not adverse to adding another ISP, but I wont disconnect BSNL - It will remain my primary ISP. I hope they increase speeds to atleast 1Mbps after the FUP.
But honestly, how many ISPs have 1Mbps after FUP - Very very few plans. Their FUP is greater thats all. So its not always good to bash BSNL, sometimes they work very well.

BSNL really needs to revise their plans.At least 1 mbps post fup is necessary.Now MTNL has done it,bsnl should do the same. Although a 2 mbps truly unlimited within 1k would be too good to be true!

Back