When will BSNL offer 1 Gbps speeds?

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 14,735
What?

You know Wi-Fi 5 aka 802.11ac has always been able to give gigabit+ bandwidth, right?

Now we have Wi-Fi 6 aka 802.11ax. Wi-Fi 6 has the base speed of 1.2Gbps.

If your router and client device is Wi-Fi 6 certified. 1 Gbps minimum wireless bandwidth is basically a guarantee if the range is decent and there's no bottlenecking.
In theory. In real life you are lucky to get around 500Mbps. That too with expensive equipment on both router and client side.

In theory. In real life you are lucky to get around 500Mbps. That too with expensive equipment on both router and client side.
Not necessarily expensive. You gotta understand that OEMs sell uncertified Wi-Fi equipment for branding purposes. No MIMO, no nothing.

But you can save money and time simply by using this to find a device that fits your budget.

What specs? I already said my laptop has the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 NIC.
My college had gigabit+ connectivity.
If you're asking about the router that they used, I already graduated.
@Dark_Nate , According to your lap intel spec, its a 2x2 mimo on 5ghz with a theoretical speed itself of only 866 Mhz. And you got gigabit+ actual speeds??

What?

You know Wi-Fi 5 aka 802.11ac has always been able to give gigabit+ bandwidth, right?
No we dont 😅. Its big news to us Wifi5 router owners. Please provide some video or screenshot from the net to backup your claim.

If your router and client device is Wi-Fi 6 certified. 1 Gbps minimum wireless bandwidth is basically a guarantee if the range is decent and there's no bottlenecking.

I'd like to share a video. Its of Lew from unbox therapy, testing wifi 6. Even he's able to hit about 850 mbps only on wifi 6.

Source

unbox therapy 👌 tests some WiFi 6 router's speed...

Last edited:
Recent study has revealed that Wifi router especially 5Ghz Wifi5 and Wifi6 ones cause significant decrease in sperm count (20-30%) when you sit at 1-2 feet from them. Most have wifi router on their computer tables. Always be 10-15 ft away from any wireless router if you are planning for a baby. Speed decreases if you move away. So compromise on wifi speed a bit and avoid gigabit connections. BSNL not giving out 1 gigabit connection is a blessing in disguise.
/twisted rant !!!!

Recent study has revealed that Wifi router especially 5Ghz Wifi5 and Wifi6 ones cause significant decrease in sperm count (20-30%) when you sit at 1-2 feet from them. Most have wifi router on their computer tables. Always be 10-15 ft away from any wireless router if you are planning for a baby. Speed decreases if you move away. So compromise on wifi speed a bit and avoid gigabit connections. BSNL not giving out 1 gigabit connection is a blessing in disguise.
/twisted rant !!!!

@Dark_Nate
No we dont 😅. Its big news to us Wifi5 router owners. Please provide some video or screenshot from the net to backup your claim.
Don't you know Wi-Fi alliance just started certifying Wi-Fi 6 in December 2019? There's no popular client device that supports Wi-Fi 6 yet.

This was 2018 video. Now that we will get proper Wi-Fi 6 client devices, gigabit Wi-Fi is easily possible.

Source

Back