• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,303

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,

I am in looking for a legal anti-virus package to buy for my pc. I would love to have a complete package which includes anti-virus, anti-spam, firewall etc. Can you tell me which one to go for and how much it will cost for one pc in Indian rupees? Are there any shops that I can go to and buy directly in Mumbai etc?

I have been told that Kaspersky is a good option, but need your views. Online it is Rs. 890 for a package called Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, here it is

http://www.kaspersky.com/in/store?blocknum2=0
Thanks

Well I have always used free/opensource
currently using Avast Antivirus for last 2 years with no virus problems ever. few were detected and cleaned. updates everyday.
avast! Free Antivirus - Download Software for Virus Protection

Last five years I was using AVG - free
I changed to Avast because just wanted to try something different. AVG is awesome , also updates everyday.
AVG Free - Antivirus Download | Best Virus Protection

Free firewall I use is Firewall AntiVirus Software Free Download from Comodo
It also has an integrated antivirus, but I use Avast along with it .

Hope it helps. Please try and support Open Source , it is made by people like me and you for other people .

As alig said there are a couple of good free internet security softwares available on the net.

But if you insist on buying a paid software, other than Kaspersky, Quick Heal (developed by an Indian company) is also an effective AV which you can buy from shops in Mumbai.

Dear All,Thanks a lot for your replies so far. I have used free and open source packages before but I have a pc with me and that needs proper protection. I hope you get my point. So please suggest me where to buy them from. There are a few computer vendors I know but they only sell hardware. Thanks

brrr. just get microsoft security essentials. it does a great job. if you want to be extra secure... i would suggest switching to Linux than invest in an internet security suite. you can never be fully protected no matter what these companies claim.

If you want to be extra secure... i would suggest switching to Linux than invest in an internet security suite.

Well I can't switch to Linux for obvious reasons, but would love to hear from people who buy a paid package from shops in Mumbai etc. But can any one tell me a good shop in Mumbai to buy from or any where else in the country for that matter? Thanks

If you are looking to buy Antivirus software, then get Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 or Norton 2010.You can get both in Lamington Road, Mumbai. Each costs around 600 bucks for a 1 yr license.Don't buy it directly online as it is a bit costlier.

Yup, most shops at lamington road stock them, Agree with admin, security essentials does a better job than most paid anti-virus solutions.I use mcafee on one pc(came bundled) and NOD32 on the otherNOD32 is good as well.

Back