Windows Phone 8 Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 142
  • Views Views 23,586
in india. Nokia is probably a better choice to go for. otherwise as well. they are solely focused on their windows phone devices. and have exclusive apps for their own phones. at least nokia drive would become available on all devices in the future. but still. you can consider nokia phones comparable to nexus branded android devices. getting priority support from the manufacturer.

i think, you made that call depending on the pricing ?

win8 should bring similar pricing from Nokia, so u can grab 2nd gen win8 of nokia in a year or so
Yes, pricing, and also Samsung supports normal sim, removable battery and has front camera. All these things were missing in Nokia Lumia (I guess 710 has removable battery).

But looking at apps and support Nokia provides for WP, I think for WP its better to buy Nokia handsets.

Model numbers and pricing of Samsung’s WP8 phones surface - GSMArena.com news
As the latest rumor has it Samsung’s upcoming Windows Phone 8-based smartphones will be the I8370 codenamed Macro and the I8750 codenamed Odyssey.
The Samsung I8370 will be the cheaper device, sporting a 4.0-inch Super AMOLED WVGA screen, a dual-core 1.5GHz Krait processor, a 5 MP rear and a 1.9MP front cameras. The 8GB internal storage will be expandable via a microSD slot.
The Samsung I8570 specs sheet is basically identical to the US Galaxy S III, featuring the same 4.8-inch Super AMOLED HD screen and a 1.5GHz dual-core Krait. An 8MP rear and a 1.9MP front cameras will cater for your photography needs and there will be two options for the internal storage - 16 or 32 GB. Further expansion will be possibel thanks to the microSD slot.
Both Omnia phones should be released in Q4 this year with the I8370 price being somewhere between €350 and €450 while the I8570 should go for something between €500 and €600.

Windows Phone 8 to include 'Rooms' group chat with calendar, photos, and notes sharing | The Verge

Another news (leak) from The Verge :)
Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 operating system will include a new Rooms feature that will allow friends and family to chat in a virtual room and share data. Sources close to Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 plans have detailed the new feature to us and revealed that the software maker will launch it as part of a wave of new devices this fall. Although Windows Phone already has a Groups feature, Rooms is said to be a new option that will create an interactive group full of friends or family.

A text message will invite users to join, and once accepted Rooms participants can share calendar items, photos, and notes privately. Rooms will also include a group chat feature that allows participants to chat with each other. Rooms can be created in a similar way to Groups in Windows Phone 8, and Microsoft will provide a default "Best Friends" group and "Family Room" built into the People Hub. We are expecting Microsoft to detail and announce the feature at a joint Nokia event on Wednesday.

Back