Xiaomi MI 3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,251
  • Views Views 110,455
a friend of mine whos mi3's pics i posted while back. his phone while gaming subway surfers is stuttering and getting heated up fast.. this is just after 1 hour of unboxing...

lol this with 800sd and 2gigs ram

im staying away from this initial batch of indian mi3. something is seriously wrong. :p

Well the source that says it has GG is TOI
and i asked the flipkart support regarding the GG and they said no!!

a friend of mine whos mi3's pics i posted while back. his phone while gaming subway surfers is stuttering and getting heated up fast.. this is just after 1 hour of unboxing...

lol this with 800sd and 2gigs ram

im staying away from this initial batch of indian mi3. something is seriously wrong. :p
LOL!!
You just cancelled your order for Mi4...Besides custom ROMs are always there!!

Again TOI.."We were able to play games like Subway Surfers, Temple Run 2, Banana Kong, Asphalt 8 and Dead Trigger without encountering frame drops or freezes."

Man, Mi3 has got good reviews all over. Its not that they are going to push the defective lot in India. Over Flipkart someone gave it a 1 star because he/she wasn't able to open the sim tray. You talk to ten people and ten will have their own opinion. A guy on FB was ranting non stop about how Xiaomi is fooling the Indian customer by not shipping the phone with an earphone and screenguard! Another person was googling and putting all negative reviews he could find because he couldn't order the phone and was pissed off. He felt registration entitled him to a device.

I read the Digit review. The guy who has done the review has this to say in the comment section - "Yes it does have Gorilla Glass protection, Gorilla Glass 3."

This, when Xiaomi has itself on its official FB page stated that the phone does not come with the GG. How am I supposed to trust Digit's review then when they say there are heating issues and call drops?

Look at the build quality. BGR guys said they thought the plastic was metal. It is that good. Others haven't liked the build quality. I guess the best thing is to do our own reviews than rely on third party input.

Re GG3: The guy whose YT review is posted purchased his device from Xiaomiworld, which sells Chinese units. I think it is well settled now that some Chinese units did have GG, but the international units do not. You can see GG3 mention on Chinese pamphlets but not on English ones.

Edit: This is the exact wordings of Xiaomi India re GG3:

"Hey Mi fans, for the Mi 3 it is not Gorilla Glass but it is made from a high grade glass material that is similar in quality."

Back