Xiaomi MI 3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,251
  • Views Views 110,459
If you care for battery - then you dont need to change battery.

But if you are careless - like charge overnight everyday. Or use a cheap charger, then one will definitely need replacement every 3-4 years.

Ofcourse such careless users also change complete mobile every 3-4 years!

But my question is what if you end up having a piece with bad battery which you realize only after 6 months? Most mobile manufacturers give only 6 month battery warranty.

The service centre would change the battery, that should not cost a bomb, but the flip side is you cant use a cheap battery, have to go for a genuine one

I guess there are some privacy concerns, it being a Chinese company, apart from that looks a good deal & one of the best phones available in the market right now at that price range. Like your cousin says, the fact that so many of the parts are bought from them, they are able to produce at prices that no one can really compete at.

Though with Moto G reducing prices (plus 10% cashback with SBI cards) , I would say it is probably a safer bet. More so, with regular updates & stuff.
For the chinese things integration..almost everything is integrated in china these days... :/
And for the updates...i just got 3 Stable updates in past 10 days....and on 16th Xiaomi is releasing MIUI V6....The most important thing is that..the update rollout is done globally...not based on where you live...

im not saying Xiaomi is perfect...all im saying is its too soon to judge this company...
i know...i do agree the Hype creation is getting to nerves

I guess if they would update this device atleast to the L equivalent then I guess it should be good enough.

Xiaomi is providing Warranty for ROOTED phones...Custom Firmware flashed Phones....now we just have to see,if they stand on their word

If I read it right, they already give rooted phone! So rooting is not necessary!

Well a app has been provided to enbale/disable root permisions...but you do have to flash a script (Official one)
LOL..And mi3 supports DUAL BOOT!!
if you want you can run MIUI on one system and cyanogen or any other ROM on 2nd system...

Back