Xiaomi MI 3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,251
  • Views Views 110,459
I had the wonderful opportunity to use an Apple iPhone 5 (US) for about 3 months. Turns out not only I need to have an apple account but I need to provide my credit card :smirk: . I was able "Google" up some workarounds. But did not bother as this user experience itself got me irritated enough with Apple...

You can download Yahoo mail app. Not defending Google here as even I agree this is a -ve

You can get a gmail Id only for the phone.. Logon to play store using that and add regular gmail account via settings> apps-> gmail

The last two are bit messy, I agree. But Apple has its own horseshit problems too.

And did I mention usability ?

Mail App that came with phone wants me to select messages by clicking on left corner of each message and then there are icons at the bottom through which I can take actions like deleting the message.

Gmail App want me to slide to Archive (default action)/delete

I downloaded MailDriod which has rave reviews as an email client for Android and it want me to first swipe and then select a second option to delete either from device or from server.

Usability? What usability saar, you are using the phone it completely useable saar

I wish I did not have to choose between a 13k device vs a 50k device :)

You can get a gmail Id only for the phone.. Logon to play store using that and add regular gmail account via settings> apps-> gmail

This implies that my data gets backed up and restored from this primary email account (drive and photos) and I do not think i want that. I have created a separate account to manage my contacts (WTF?) but I still want to sign in with my primary email id as primary email id on the device :)

I have ordered a Nillkin tempered glass for screen as I couldn't locate any screen guard. Everyone said sir cut karke lags denge.
For case I got a amzer tpu.
Both from ebay

And why is that? With Apple you would happily create an Id just for the phone. Why not the same principle for Google? An Id just for the phone?

My id was not just for the phone, the same id was being used to reach me on face time, I was sharing my photo streams with my family, I was using the same account to be online on my iPad.

Now consider I do a similar thing with google, as soon as I share contact with my friends and family by sending them emails to addresses not stored in my phone, contacts with just emails ids will start syncing with my phone. When on desktop from what id should I log on? What happen when people start sending me emails on non primary email id because I am sharing stuff from that email id?

Last edited:
Are you telling you cannot use the 2nd ID which is your primary ID to do rest of the stuff. And just have an ID for play store :rolleyes:

Basically, I believe you should be able to selectively sign in..atleast thats what I think...

At least I could not find a way to selectively sign in.

I have a secondary id only for contacts. For everything else I am using my primary id.

I have been using iPhone for around 6 years now and this is my first android. Please excuse my ignorance :)

Back