Yahoo! Mail Updates

Finally I managed to contact yahoo network engineer and then they contacted MTNL/Reliance and issue is now resolved!

I had CCed MTNL guys too but never got any response from them! :D

Yahoo engineer responded within 4 hours!

There was a time Google engineers used to respond back to similar complaints on email :(

MTNL VDSL

9jsojAe.png

Yes its resolved now... error page is correct. i.e. you are supposed to see error page

Because you can not access it directly, you have to access via yahoo login page with proper page.

But earlier it was not even connecting / pinging / tracing.

Yahoo Tweaks Email to Make Search More Personal - The New York Times

When you start typing the name of a person or company in the search box, Yahoo will now automatically suggest what or whom you might be looking for and offer to create a search term. So if you’re looking for a ticket you bought from American Airlines, for example, you can limit the results to messages from the carrier and exclude other messages that simply contain the words American and airline.

Yahoo is also indexing the attachments and links that people include in emails. If you search for “photos cricket and India” — as Sriram Chatrathi, one of the leaders of the email project, likes to do — you will get a screen of photos the algorithm determines are connected to the sport, avoiding the need to go through all the emails that contain them.

“It extracts just those photos,” Mr. Chatrathi said. “It makes photos first-class citizens.”

For all searches, users will be able to click a button on the right-hand side of the results to sort by relevance, most recent or oldest, or messages with attachments. And if you link your email account to Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, you can now see profile information about the people you correspond with.

YnqRFbZ.png

Help states that I need to add the email id to my Yahoo account. It's already added.

I am not getting that option too!! (grayed out)

But why do you need forwarding anyway? Simply set POP fetching in gmail.

Back