• 51-100GB

• 101-200GB

• 201-500GB

• 501-1000GB

• 1001-2000GB

• 2001-3000GB

• 3001+ GB

Results are only viewable after voting.
How do you use your data? Do you stream a lot? or just normal surfing?
i mostly stream a lot of football matches and twitch. as far as movies go i prefer to download them in 1080p or even 4k remux and watch them in the best possible quality with high bitrate and as less compression as possible. streaming sites have pretty bad compression btw. movie sizes can go above 50gb sometimes. some youtube...etc and this is how i use my data.

^ By streaming sites, do you mean Netflix, Prime, Youtube etc? Or, Do you mean those random sites? If it's the latter, I don't have problem with it cause I never visit those sites anyway. As long the OTT sites stream fine, I will be okay with it. I don't download anything on my laptop. How is your average speed like btw?

I am using the provided antennas right now. Right now on Airtel, It latches on to Band 1 or 3 or 40 or 3+40. 40A-40A support has not yet been added. There is a thread for it in TP-Link forums here. Hopefully after this, Speeds will improve further.

Right now on average, I get 40-50mbit. At night after around 23-00 hours, It goes as high as 90-100mbit and stays that way until 5am. Around 2130-2300, It goes down to 10-15mbit. This is all on 3+40. On other bands, It's usually worse.

I have purchased 12dbi LPDA antennas, Really excited to try those out, Should be here by the end of this week. And those antennas should improve the performance further.
I am using Jio SIM with MR600, stock antenna. It latches on to 3+40 and sometimes 5+40. Generally get 75-95 DL and 16-20 UL speeds.

i mean netflix, prime, hulu, Apple tv, hbo, disney+. none are really not that good. 4k blu ray hdr remuxes will blow any streaming service out of the water in terms of both video and audio. if you have a good enough TV or monitor you will notice the difference. streaming is for convenience not for quality. but for most people a 4k netflix hdr video with its compression will be a visual ecstasy coz most common people are used to youtube 720p and 1080i TV and 480p Hotstar.
i get around 40-50mbps at night and 20-25mbps during peak hours.

I am using Jio SIM with MR600, stock antenna. It latches on to 3+40 and sometimes 5+40. Generally get 75-95 DL and 16-20 UL speeds.
That must get relatively expensive on Jio since they don't have decent unlimited plans or plans with higher fup and no per day usage limit. :/

@tuckingfypo If possible, Can you please share a screenshot from your router's advanced->status page when you are getting good speeds? I am trying to figure out if Idea supports CA and if they do, Then on which bands and if you are comfortable with it, Can you please tell me what circle are you in?

That must get relatively expensive on Jio since they don't have decent unlimited plans or plans with higher fup and no per day usage limit. :/
There is option to have a base plan with limited daily data and use a data voucher, without daily limit, on top of that. top up recharge gives data balance in addition to talk time. Talk time can be used to do validity recharge. And Amazon/freecharge etc give 100% cashback offers for topup recharge. So, its been practically free so far.
Its mainly used by my daughter for her School from Home in the last 6 months.

Everyone here told their data usage to polls but Nobody...Nobody does explain how they used their data :P

Back