• 51-100GB

• 101-200GB

• 201-500GB

• 501-1000GB

• 1001-2000GB

• 2001-3000GB

• 3001+ GB

Results are only viewable after voting.
I use around 150Gb per month. The most I consume is on zoom where my online classes are happening and my iPhone is like a bottomless pit it just drinks my data It uses 3.5 Gb for 4 classes of 40 minutes each.

My usage usually hovers around 700gigs a month, but I have seen it shooting upto a whole terabyte when everyone was home all day long.

Mine has been very consistent, 400-500GB per month since last year. I don’t consider myself a heavy user, video streaming takes the most. I don’t download anything.

Around 300 GB on Airtel DSL (now upgraded to 30 Mbps VDSL) - mainly for work,
windows updates etc.

Around 170-180 Gb (200 Gb FUP) on my FTTH backup connection for entertainment,
program updates etc. Need the faster speeds for lesser download time.

The max I've consumed in my other home in Mumbai is 1TB - for work and entertainment.
This was on a local ISP FTTH connection called Smartlink Broadband.

Tell me the Median
Cant due to unavailability of data...can only make guess.

My guess, its around 150GB per month.
Reason of this guess is as below
1. BSNL is the biggest ISP in India, as per June subscriber numbers they are 8 times Jio or 3 times of Airtel.
2. BSNL alone is like 40% of Wired subscriber in India(BSNL ~80 Lacs vs Total subscribers in India ~200 Lacs)
3. Majority users on BSNL are still ADSL with daily FUP plans...people here mainly use around 100GB per month
4. Unlimited plans (for reasonable prices) have come up recently. it will take some time for usage to increase
5. For wireless most common plan is 1.5GB per day. translating to 45GB per day that too if the user is using 1.5GB everyday
6. Poll on this forum will be tilted towards higher side of usage, as we on this forum are users with above average data usage.
7. Compare the case of Australia NBN network. They reported average ~250GB per month Dec 2019. They are much higher speed tiers here. Minimum 25Mbps/5Mbps kind of plans with Unlimited data. (And this county stream contents over the Internet a lot, Hardly they have cable TVs)

Usage in India will increase multifold.
1. Increased availability of FTTH
2. Uptake in OOT Apps. slowly DishTV, Cable TV are gonna die
3. Smart Home/surveillances increase

@tuckingfypo didnt you get any plan downgrades or bill shocks from your postpaid connection , as you have crossed thier commercial usage policy limit of 150GB for your 699 plan ? planning to get a new postpaid connection . please rly

@rvk3 According to their CUP, You have to have 50 minutes of incoming calls if you cross 150GB in data transfer. As long as you can obey this, There is no usage policy.

@tuckingfypo didnt you get any plan downgrades or bill shocks from your postpaid connection , as you have crossed thier commercial usage policy limit of 150GB for your 699 plan ? planning to get a new postpaid connection . please rly
nope. there is a condition that you have to make at least 50 mins of incoming or outgoing IDK exactly which one. so i take out my sim off my mr6400 once every month and do 50 mins of incoming and 50 mins of outgoing. in september i used around 950gb and i got billed 699+gst.

Back