• 51-100GB

• 101-200GB

• 201-500GB

• 501-1000GB

• 1001-2000GB

• 2001-3000GB

• 3001+ GB

Results are only viewable after voting.
People whose usage was between 1 TB - 2 TB or 3+ TB plz come out... for research?

I used to think that IBF being a tech-savvy community, the data sample might be skewed to 1Tb-2Tb category as major, witha a close follow up by 500Gb-1TB population and then 200-500 GB.

Maybe it will provided the FUP limit by major ISPs is permantely pushed to 2-3 TB range, the 500 GB-1TB population was limiting itself inside the bracket as most of the ISPs 100Mbps plans offer anywhere between 600-1000 GB range,and due to CORONA and other increased workload on their home connection(YT, video calls etc.)

A better poll would be something more calibrated, providing more resolution to data like:

100 - 250 GB --> JIO with the voucher range +/- 50 GB | Home User relies less on Internet Multimedia| No you IBF average tech-savvy member

300 - 600 GB --> JIO and Airtel Range , also weakly reflect BSNL 50 Mbps offering | Streams + Work

600 - 750 GB --> Airtel and BSNL range

750 - 1000 GB --> JIO and Airtel with voucher offerings or including TSBB their promotional 3.3 TB "unlimited" offering | Multimedia heavy user

1000-2000GB --> Airtel / TSBB promotional 3.3 TB "unlimited" offering. Heavy/pro user | Multimedia heavy user | Office Work

Here the options are more calibrated with current major ISP plans and near to offerings of local LCO/ISP for fiber connection

@JB700 Linux distro community will never forget your contributions comrade.
How does your ISP put up with that...Have you commissioned a leased line?:P

@tuckingfypo : A curious person in the thread did asked about it if I'm not HIGH , anyway this is a 'forum' not StackOverflow 😇

Used to use 5TB+ a month back when ACT had truly unlimited uploads seeding torrents and keeping a 1:1 copy of my hard drives on Google Drive (unlimited through education). I use about 1.6TB a month now with stream watching and stuff as well as a few movie remuxes here and there.

If you don't mind me asking, can you share what kind of torrents, and was the major part of that 5 TB were torrents like say 3-4 torrents and what kind of torrents(you can pm me this in case..)

Anyway, Salut comrade @RedskyITM

It's been a couple years since I stopped seeding but they were archival torrents mostly from places like the DataHoarder subreddit. Can't give you the names as I can't remember them but the one that used the majority of data (at about 2-3TB) was this raw manga site database from a site that was taken down. It was about 650GB and I had around 40TB up on it when I finally stopped seeding it. I had about 17TB of HDD space back then.

I had no idea how much i use on monthly basis so i called my isp (alliance) and asked them to tell me how much I've used this year. From what they told me, I've used around 400-450 GB per month on average. While crossing the 500 GB limit on 3 months, and highest usage being 625 GB on one month. I think this is fine for me. Even though the main reason why it's rather low is because I only consume media from desktop and since corona I've been so lazy that it feels like a mammoth work to just sit on the computer. So my average time on computer has reduced to like 6 hours or less from 12 hours before corona.

Usage is mainly downloading movies/ tv shows (the best quality available, remux etc., at 1080p though) from both public and pvt. torrents, mostly public. And then uploading back at 1:1 ratio. Now as I've moved out of alliance and shifted to Hathway which only provides 500 GB PM I'm like panicking, even though going by my records rather needlessly.

PS: I've noticed few others here are also into remux/ avc releases as well, well if you guys know any place for direct download (hosts like Mega etc.) please let me know in private.

Last edited:

Back