Zee Dish TV DTH: Free to air channels will continue or not?

mann_2008_69

Lucky
ISP
Dataone 500C+
My subscription will end on 20 Feb 2009. i am not planning to recharge this time(for some reason).My question is if i don't recharge, will free to air channels will continue to run or not. please reply. if they don't then please tel me the lowest plan available in dish tv. bec this month i am very tight in budget.please reply

technically they should but i think they would kill your connection after 2-3 days completely. and you would have to pay a penalty for late payments.

I think it will because i hadnt recharged last month.......was 15 days late....the fta channels were all allright....but 25 rs late fee was charged when i recharged

My suggesstion as follows, 1. Opt for the dish mini package Rs 55+ tax = Rs 622. Now you r down grading your pack , so downgrade chare = Rs 403. opt for dish min for 3 months ( 62X3) + 40= 186+ 40 = Rs 2264. whenever you down grade you have to pay Rs 40 as down grade charge5 so go for dish mini for 3 or 6 months or as you wish6. you wont get FTA channals after the subscription expiry

Dish Silver is the lowest package with 1 regional pack - costs Rs.100+tax
But the lowest pack is Dish Mini - costs Rs.55+tax

I heard in one discussion that you can send e-mail saying that you do not want to recharge for few months and request them to not to levy any grace period charge for showing limited pay channels for 4 days(i.e. Tell them not to activate the grace pack). I heard this one discussion and not verified it so anyway send an email to their customer care.

email id : [email protected]
website for checking channels and packages : »DishTV - India's first DTH Entertainment Digital Picture and Satellite TV Services India

I am sure that, after the subscription expiry date , you wont get even FTA channels. They will display a message box saying "contact customer care"

Even in mobile companies also they do this as Safe custody for some period ( no incoming and out going), if you are not using your mobile for 2 or 3 months, but they charge Rs 50+tax per month.

so here it is better to go for dish mini for Rs 62, you will get FTA channels and Jaya, ZEE tamil and some ZEE channels.

Also call CC to get clear idea.

Dish Silver is the lowest package with 1 regional pack - costs Rs.100+tax
But the lowest pack is Dish Mini - costs Rs.55+tax

I heard in one discussion that you can send e-mail saying that you do not want to recharge for few months and request them to not to levy any grace period charge for showing limited pay channels for 4 days(i.e. Tell them not to activate the grace pack). I heard this one discussion and not verified it so anyway send an email to their customer care.

email id : [email protected]
website for checking channels and packages : »DishTV - India's first DTH Entertainment Digital Picture and Satellite TV Services India

Last edited by a moderator:
that is my own experience as well. if you do not pay them, they would totally block the channels with a blue screen with a message saying to contact the zee customer care.

my experience, the fta will continue. how long ? No idea as i recharged after 20 days when fta were still on.

Well after the expiry of your connection you will not be able to watching any channels on your dishtv stb. all the channels will be available for 3-4 days. As far as minimum package is concerned you can go for dish silver package with Rs.99 + tax. or Dishtv Mini with Rs.60+tax.

:dance:All the channels will become paid channels within 2 -3 months of time frame except DD.:D

Back