• Thread starter Thread starter Joy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 5,335

Joy

ISP
ACT Fibernet
@Sushubh Long story short 😂,
2017 got Airtel VDSL fresh connection with 40 Mbps.
March 2019, got upgraded to 100 Mbps on VFiber (This was one hell of a hassle trying to explain them that my line supports 100 Mbps).
June 2019, downgraded to 499 plan after Act launched (Due to false FTTH deadlines).

@Sushubh Long story short 😂,
2017 got Airtel VDSL fresh connection with 40 Mbps.
March 2019, got upgraded to 100 Mbps on VFiber (This was one hell of a hassle trying to explain them that my line supports 100 Mbps).
June 2019, downgraded to 499 plan after Act launched (Due to false FTTH deadlines).
How did you convince them though to get 100mbps?

@Nikhil Sharma Told them that my line supports 100 Mbps on 121. As usual stupid replies, your router doesn't support 100 Mbps we have to upgrade the router, we will do a feasibility check when the router will be available. Clearly told them the SNR and attenuation values on the router supports 100 Mbps. Waited for a month, internet went down, when lineman arrived to fix the line asked him if 100 Mbps is really possible, he said Yes. Told this to CC (through mail this time).
Got option on Airtel app after some time but they were charging 900 for upgrade. Again after a month, this upgrade got free applied instantly for speed upgrade on same plan.

@Joy I have the same problem, called the local technician he said 100mbps is there over vdsl, told the same thing to CC but no use. Can you send me the draft of that mail? If it worked for you might as well try it.

@Joy I have the same problem, called the local technician he said 100mbps is there over vdsl, told the same thing to CC but no use. Can you send me the draft of that mail? If it worked for you might as well try it.
My brother mailed that with his registered e-mail id, can't find that e-mail. You can simply write that your line clearly supports 100 Mbps as you can see in the router settings, the attainable downstream shows 90000-100000 Kbps, the SNR Downstream(>10 dB) and the Attenuation Downstream(<25-30 dB). If this is the case then you are good to go. You can try escalating to a senior on 121 via call and explain your misery.

My brother mailed that with his registered e-mail id, can't find that e-mail. You can simply write that your line clearly supports 100 Mbps as you can see in the router settings, the attainable downstream shows 90000-100000 Kbps, the SNR Downstream(>10 dB) and the Attenuation Downstream(<25-30 dB). If this is the case then you are good to go. You can try escalating to a senior on 121 via call and explain your misery.
cool
will try that after getting the connection setup

Back