2012 Asia Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 24,908
well the thing is simple. bcci itself claims that it is not a government body and is not answerable to the people of india through the RTI act. which clearly states that the team represents bcci and not india and hence it should not be called the indian cricket team :D

True... But in all likelihood the public would not allow that & in the end the team maybe taken over by government bodies instead...

Err, here also people cursing Sachin. :(Bhailog 23 such matches are there in which sachin had scored Century and Team India Lost the match . So nothing new...... Chill.Eagerly waiting for India-Pakistan Match tomorrow ;)

well the thing is simple. bcci itself claims that it is not a government body and is not answerable to the people of india through the RTI act.

which clearly states that the team represents bcci and not india and hence it should not be called the indian cricket team :D

Imagine when Govt take over to BCCI, how the players will be selected...hehe...! :iconrofl:

heh. there is a difference. we are not answerable to him. but he is.

but then. considering the indian cricket team does not even represent the country... the talks are futile.

he represents BCCI who does not give a shit about the game.

i look forward to the day when bcci would be forced to name the team bcci xi or whatever and is banned from calling it the indian cricket team.

Until its called "India", it is the Indian team, and the players r representing the nation. Even if it is renamed to BCCI XI, i wud still support it until we have an "Official" Indian team ready, coz the BCCI is still an Indian entity, and when its team plays against some other nation's team, it is still representing India.

i cannot make a local team and call it the indian cricket team. a team representing india has to be answerable to the people of india. this team is not. bcci gets tax breaks from the government but claims that it is not a government supported body so it is not liable to respond to RTI queries. it's your call if you support this team or not. the fact remains, bcci is not a government body and works as a private entity. and that alone means that this team does not represent india but a private body. just like a corporate structure. these are simple facts and emotions have nothing to do with it.

Theres a difference between a locally made team, and a team that is made out of players who are from different parts of the country. Yes the selection process is faulty many times, but the players are mostly selected after getting filtered at various levels - Schools/Colleges, Region/City, Sate, Zone etc.So the current players are playing there, coz u & me cant play better than them. So its an implied representation of the Nation. Yes ur argument that they shud be answerable to the public, IS RIGHT. I AGREE TO IT FULLY. But just coz that body is not under RTI at the moment, doesnt mean its not representing India.The current Govt is acting Autocratic & wild at times, but that doesnt mean that India is not a democracy. It is still a democracy, just that it has to be improved on many grounds.

government is elected by the people of india. what they do after election does not change the fact that they represent the actual people of india. bcci does not answer to the government. it does not answer to the people of india. it's finances are not open for public scrutiny. i do not see how it can be remotely considered a body that represents india. i do not see any difference between bcci and a private company like reliance.

Offtopic: Just like Indian Cricket Team is privatized, why can't they privatize Indian Hockey Team as well?

Back