2012 Asia Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 24,908
Thats what i m telling! Just coz it doesnt answer to the public, doesnt mean that its not Indian team. It should answer, is a fact. And that shud happen soon i guess, since theres just too much money involved in BCCI for the other politicians to stay away from it.And if u say Reliance.....then its finances are open to public scrutiny - atleast academically. But thats what u r demanding right now for BCCI.

what would happen if they privatize hockey? bcci can do what they are doing just because of the sheer money cricket generates in india. hockey has little public interest. little money from sponsors. no one would waste their time getting involved in the functioning of a private hockey body. in case you have not noticed, a lot of politicians are involved in bcci. they are not there for the betterment of the sport or the players, they are there because of the money that cricket generates. bcci is a corporation that is just focused at generate money for itself. everything else is secondary. also. i am not sure if the international hockey federation would like to deal with a private body which has no connection to the government of the country. cricket is a totally different thing. icc is dependent upon bcci for finances and they ignore a lot of bullcrappery that goes on in india. the way cricket is managed in india and internationally... it is a freaking joke. this reminds me of a funny incident. government refused to support formula-1 in india calling it an entertainment event and not a sporting one. similar policies should be exercised on cricket. it is not a sporting event. it is a business venture.

Offtopic: Just like Indian Cricket Team is privatized, why can't they privatize Indian Hockey Team as well?

Now i really dont understand if BCCI being made a Govt body will be good or not. BCCI is acting foolish. But if gone to Govt, it will be another bunch of Babus playing at international events, and bringing shame to the nation. So at times, i m both against it & in favor of it. Whether privatisation will help the hockey team, is also a question of same difficulty! :D

you are not looking at the bigger picture. bcci is 'already' controlled by the politicians. it is not an efficiently run private body. it is a government body that is not answerable to the people of india. if it was officially connected to the government, at least it would get some form of scrutiny. in its current form, it is a perfect type of organization that our politicians want... something they can control. something that generates a lot of money. something they do not have to answer for.

So shudnt the Govt or the BCCI be pushed so that they make it accountable to public? U surely are not pushing it, by not supporting Indian team IF THIS IS YOUR ONLY REASON.

bcci getting under government control is similar to government coming under jan lokpal. you already know how hard our government has worked to ensure that JLP is not passed. it increases their accountability. when the people making the rules are asked to make rules to make them accountable and they do not want to be... nothing happens. the same situation applies in both these scenarios. politicians make the government. politicians are involved in the BCCI. they use the government to get the benefits. and they refuse to come under government's control. it's just another slap on the face of the common man who is fooled into supporting a team that also is pretty helpless and continues to work like bonded labors.

Just what i told before! Even if the People running the Govt do not actually allow democratic tools to function, BCCI is doing the same thing - not allowing democratic tools to function.But still, India is called a Democracy, and the team put forward by BCCI is still representing India....unless theres a different governing body for Cricket in India, which has its own team!

@ Chromaniac awesome post few pages back regarding Sachin and Team India as a whole .. exactly what i was trying to stress that we have to look at the bigger picture and not just Mr Sachin Tendulkar .. You are right when you say selectors must show some balls .. but do u think they will ??? Aus can drop Ponting and tell him his time in ODIs is up so why cant India do the same to Sachin .. and one thing i hate most is that Sachin Tendulkar is allowed to choose series he wants to play in, excuse me does he think he owns Team India ?? The attitude of selectors must be that if you are fit you have to be eligible for selection if not then show him the door .. he cant be allowed to pick and choose games .. yes if the selectors rest him then its different ...Coming to India Pak i think India will lose today since they need some rest before the all important India Paisa League .. If India win the toss dhoni will field first and if pak win toss they will bat first so in short Pakistan is batting 1st today unless something differnet happens in dhonis head ... And with Paks bowling chasing is going to be one heck of a task .. I just hope India plays yusuf pathan today in place of jadeja .. not expecting him to do any miracles but his batting should be slightly better ...

awesome link thanks ... pak look good for 325 + .. India going to lose this one badly .. paks bowling is too good ..

----------

India seriously needs to start thinking about getting bowlers like rp singh ( yes you may laugh at me ) back , and even sreesanth ... praveen kumar who was a excellent swing bowler now bowls like he is 40 yrs old .. no pace nothing .. nothing said about irfan is better because hes not worth any comments ..

Back