2012 Asia Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 24,908
tell me how many cricket and sachin fans would have mourned the loss yesterday? if cricket is a team game, why not ignore individual achievements completely and focus on the bigger picture?

I was the first one to curse Sachin's yesterday's ton. But that doesnt mean his other 99 tons were bloody joke. Yesterday's innings was a liability on the side. Nonetheless, we still have the chance to make it to final & this monkey is off the back!

oh please. every thing has a time. and his time has passed. he has had a wonderful career. and he got more than plenty in return from the country in the form of match fees and sponsorship and love of the people. it does not mean that he needs to misuse it all just to continue playing just because he is not prepared to retire himself. it is a well accepted fact that no selector would dare to drop him from the team for any reason. he has to respect that fact and take the decision himself. the more he drags it, the more he is going to be criticized. and justly. his body might be doing well. he might be ready to give his 110% to the team. but if the indian team can survive without him just fine which it can, he should look at the big picture and move on. india has to defend their world champion status in a couple of years. it would be disgusting if he is indeed planning to play in the next world cup. and if not, he should just move on and let the team get over his retirement right now and look at the future.

heh. seriously. do i care his reasoning for why he is not retiring right now? our selectors needs to grow some balls and drop him when he is not performing. probably he would get the message then and there.

I think He too is following the same...why he care what you and I are saying!

heh. there is a difference. we are not answerable to him. but he is. but then. considering the indian cricket team does not even represent the country... the talks are futile. he represents BCCI who does not give a shit about the game. i look forward to the day when bcci would be forced to name the team bcci xi or whatever and is banned from calling it the indian cricket team.

heh. there is a difference. we are not answerable to him. but he is.
but then. considering the indian cricket team does not even represent the country... the talks are futile.

You said that..he is not answerable to us.

i look forward to the day when bcci would be forced to name the team bcci xi or whatever and is banned from calling it the indian cricket team.

Same here!

I think there will to be many hurdles even if government tries to arm-wrestle into not calling it Indian team....

Back