ACT broadband in Chennai

@ACTBroadband:When do you plan to enter OMR / GST which are beyond city limits. Many IT parks / residences but pathetic broadband?

@ACTBroadband, is there an updated list of areas that you cover in Chennai? Your helpdesk staff on call have a different list from one you display on your own website. Also, do you offer leased lines too?

Migrated from Airtel to ACT broadband.
My Experience with ACT so far:
On 8th Jan 2014 i saw a hoarding about ACT in Adyar,chennai contacted their customer care number and got to know that the connection is feasible for my location. Representative from ACT came and completed all the procedure(Submitting ID proof and cheque for the first month) and i opted for 25 Mbps speed (75GB) installation was completed and line was up by 10th Jan 4 PM. after 5 days my Inputs were.
-Getting 25 Mbps as promised.
-Connection is stable download speeds are great.
-No downtime till now
-Price mentioned in website is excluding tax 12%
-Paid 1960 inclusive of installation charges Rs 500
-Black RJ45 cable from Fiber box
-Normal WiFi router can be used

I raised a request on their website. Not yet available in Guindy :(
I will go for a lower plan on Airtel and try the 60GB 1299 plan simultaneously till I'm confident enough to ditch Airtel. One of the biggest selling points is the uploading speed. With ADSL, I have to keep my torrents always on to reach a seeding ratio of even 0.5 whereas downloads happen lightning fast

ganeshran said:
One of the biggest selling points is the uploading speed. With ADSL, I have to keep my torrents always on to reach a seeding ratio of even 0.5 whereas downloads happen lightning fast
It can be difficult to maintain a 1:1 ratio what with Airtel only providing around 512-768 kbps upload speeds. The worst thing is that uploaded data is also counted towards the monthly quota. Fortunately, I don't do torrents.

RombaNallavan said:
One can install openwrt firmware and make one of LAN port as WAN port and get it working.
Openwrt can only be installed on a very, very small % of modem+routers.
Kihtrak said:
-Normal wifi modem can be used
WIfi-modem? Please delete this.
ganeshran said:
I will go for a lower plan on Airtel and try the 60GB 1299 plan simultaneously till I'm confident enough to ditch Airtel. One of the biggest selling points is the uploading speed. With ADSL, I have to keep my torrents always on to reach a seeding ratio of even 0.5 whereas downloads happen lightning fast
That is exactly what I'm doing! I'll hang on to Airtel as backup for a bit longer.
Yes. Luckily, ACT does not count uploads.
By the way, you got your plans mixed up. It's 60GB for 1099 / 75GB for 1299.

Back