ACT broadband in Chennai

uberjon said:
Yes. The connection has been rock solid since I got them. Let's hope they continue to keep this up.
If anybody wants pings/ traceroutes, let me know.
Hi..I am planning to get ACT. I have had very very bad experience with YOU bb before(I went to the extent of committing suicide out of frustration). I was using 12mbbs plan in YOU and the speed used to vary between 1 mbps to 16 mbps and my skype never worked properly(even though i am using just 4 mbps with airtel , skype works perfect) . i was lured into YOU when the exec showed me full had youtube video was playing without buffering(i strongly believe YOU vary speed based on the website you visit). the actual file download speed with YOU was way below what i get from 4 mbps airtel. not to mention their very very pathetic customer service and unskilled service ppl.
Please provide me the following information with regards to your ACT experience so far
1. Is the speed consistent throughout the day/night? (I am not expecting 15mbps always, at least 8 mbps )
2. how about the downtime? (YOU never worked a full week. whenever i call the customer care they dont pick up and when they do, "cable cut " is the default answer)
3. how is the customer service and turn around time?
4. can you please download a sample file from here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/download.html and let me know the actual file download speeds?
5. what is the upload speed ?
thanks a ton in advance..

muthu said:
Hi..I am planning to get ACT. I have had very very bad experience with YOU bb before(I went to the extent of committing suicide out of frustration). I was using 12mbbs plan in YOU and the speed used to vary between 1 mbps to 16 mbps and my skype never worked properly(even though i am using just 4 mbps with airtel , skype works perfect) . i was lured into YOU when the exec showed me full had youtube video was playing without buffering(i strongly believe YOU vary speed based on the website you visit). the actual file download speed with YOU was way below what i get from 4 mbps airtel. not to mention their very very pathetic customer service and unskilled service ppl.
Please provide me the following information with regards to your ACT experience so far
1. Is the speed consistent throughout the day/night? (I am not expecting 15mbps always, at least 8 mbps )
2. how about the downtime? (YOU never worked a full week. whenever i call the customer care they dont pick up and when they do, "cable cut " is the default answer)
4. can you please download a sample file from here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/download.html and let me know the actual file download speeds?
Hello Muthu,
Kindly let us know if we can help you in any way.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

muthu said:
1. Is the speed consistent throughout the day/night? (I am not expecting 15mbps always, at least 8 mbps )2. how about the downtime? (YOU never worked a full week. whenever i call the customer care they dont pick up and when they do, "cable cut " is the default answer)
Sure.
1. Speed: Yes, the speed is consistent.
2. Uptime: Until the fibre was cut, I had no downtime. When the fibre was cut, the line was down for 2 full days. It's back now.
3. Customer Care: Pray that you don't have a problem, so that you don't call them. They're on the same level as Airtel. Response to emails is slow & their communication skills are not up to the mark. But if I had a problem, the service engineer would call me back within 2 hours.
4. Download speed: It downloads at 10mbit/sec from that UK based server.
5. Upload speed: It depends on the server. Or are you referring to torrents?

Hi guys,
Iam currently using BSNL 750UL which is giving me headaches. Recently two of my friends ( one in Chennai and one in Bangalore) got ACT and they said it is damn good. I checked their website and their plans looks very affordable. Can anyone give ur suggestions towards getting ACT ?

Rajarajan Subramanian said:
Hi guys,
Iam currently using BSNL 750UL which is giving me headaches. Recently two of my friends ( one in Chennai and one in Bangalore) got ACT and they said it is damn good. I checked their website and their plans looks very affordable. Can anyone give ur suggestions towards getting ACT ?
Hi Rajarajan Subramanian,
Thanks for showing interest in ACT Broadband. Kindly share your complete postal address and contact number with us so that our team can get in touch with you after checking the feasibility of our services in your area.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

A guy from ACT called me up and said the connection is feasible in my area (Thiruvanmiyur). They would set up a switch/hub inside my fence which would serve for 8 more connections. Any idea on how much power will they draw ? :P also will i get any added value service for this ?

Back