Aircel India Mobile GPRS

• Thread starter Thread starter dhoni
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 92,411
Status
Not open for further replies.
MUMBAI, INDIA: Aircel, a telecom operator, and Research In Motion (RIM) announced the launch of BlackBerry services for Aircel customers in India.

Aircel will leverage its strong local presence and Redington's retail distribution channel to offer BlackBerry services across major cities in India including Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.

Aircel customers can choose from a broad range of BlackBerry smartphones and enjoy the benefits of enhanced communications and increased productivity with easy access to email, phone, text and picture messaging, social networking and web browsing applications, as well as a wide variety of other mobile business and leisure applications.

Gurdeep Singh, COO, Aircel, said, "We have gained significant momentum in expanding our operations in India and the launch of the BlackBerry solution is of strategic importance for Aircel's growth. With the availability of a wide range of BlackBerry smartphones on our network, our customers can find the right model for their work and personal needs."

Aircel customers will be able to select from a range of BlackBerry smartphones including the BlackBerry Bold 9000, BlackBerry Curve 8900, BlackBerry Curve 8310 and BlackBerry Pearl 8110.

Source

Please confirm .............Does aircel unlimited internet browsing APN advance settings has proxy based or direct.............

can someone describe the pocket internet settings manually for Aircel pocket internet on prepaid.

just send an SMS as GPRS to 121 you will receive the settings in less than 10 secs, also now they started Auto renewal for both Rs14 and Rs98... So no need to keep recharging in prepaid. Just Auto renew and every month they will deduct Rs98.

^^^You first reduce the font Man !

@admin, can you restrict the font size options for the forum? Really irritating to see some spammers make a mess

hey guyz i am just changed from idea to aircel now, when i am using idea i am paying that Rs.552/-pm, now it is only Rs.97/-pm or Rs.251/-(3 months) and i am getting maximum speed of 160Kbps, the aircel people told that it wont work on datacard, but i unlocked my Idea Netsetter and inserted the aircel sim to that and started using it, works great now, i dont know how the plans is there in other states, but in andhra pradesh it is the only way to get cheap internet, and i want to buy one more sim for my mobile also

aircel gprs setting for delhi regionAIRCEL-GPRSAPN:aircelgprs(leave other field like proxy ,dns,username password blank)2.POCKET INTERNET (WAP)APN:aircelwapfor connecting to laptop via bluetooth do 1.connect to computer2.set extra initializing string is at+cgdcont=1,”ip”,”aircelgprs”.3.dial *99***1#4.everythign else blank

Aircel GPRS setting for KOLKATA region:

Send SMS PI to 121
after receiving settings from ISP save this settings and set this as default settings in ur mobile phone.

PC SET UP using BlueTooth on Windows XP:

1. Open Control Panel and Go to "Bluetooth Devices"
2. Click (Add) Button.
3. Turn on ur mobile Bluetooth ( BT) and set it to visible.
4. Check the Box on the opened window & Press Next.
5. After getting ur device select it and press Next.
6. Select a Pass Key, say '0' and press Next.
7. Accept the Pairing from ur device and press '0' as key.
8. After Installing the necessary Drivers Go to Control Panel Again.
9. Open (Phone & Modem Option).
10. Select Modem Tab and select ur DUN Modem and press Properties.
11. Select Diagnostic Tab and press Query Modem Button.
12. If first option u r getting as Success, then ur device is OK
13. select Advanced tab and in the Extra initialization Command typ the below code as it is:
+cgdcont=1,"ip","aircelweb"
14. Press OK
15. Go to Control Panel Again and Open Network Connections> Create a new connection> Next> Connect to the Internet> Set up my connection manually> Connect using a dial up modem> Select ur device> Type ur ISP as AIRCEL> Type phone number as *99***1#> Next> Select the Check box> Finish
16. Double click on the desktop Dial Up Short cut "AIRCEL" > Dial> Enjoy Internet on PC... :urock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back